UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Shoring Work Proceeding for Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts
ALSO
Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,748 of 1748

Thread: Restaurant Comings & Goings

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChesterCopperpot View Post
    Is it the same people as Cibo as on King West?
    Yes...Cibo King West, Cibo south beach and corral gables Florida and Ciao are all Liberty Entertainment.

Ciao was created before Cibo....but the Cibos are all Ciao "spin offs".

2. Default

I liked Ciao, kind of sad to see it go.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I liked Ciao, kind of sad to see it go.
    I am very sad....I am not much into the Yorkville scene....but when forced by group dynamics to head up that way Ciao gave me a very comortable, quality and reliable option to suggest.

4. Default

It's a pretty big space. I wonder who will replace them.
    Founder & Webitor-in-Chief of DelectablyChic! (formerly Prospere Magazine), an online-only lifestyle publication targeting young, hip professional women.

Anyone been here yet? Just saw this on my way up Bay (just not of College) to Via Vai.

Name:  IMG_7422.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  312.1 KB

Love the doors!

Speaking of Via Vai…

Name:  1DSC00804.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  287.7 KB

Name:  2IMG_7442.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  389.7 KB

Name:  3IMG_7447.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  201.4 KB

Name:  4IMG_7437.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  235.9 KB

Name:  5IMG_7439.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  188.2 KB

Name:  6IMG_7452.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  236.7 KB

Via Vai has soft-opened, grand opening some time in June. Great space, Sandro Martini's art looks great in here (despite one glass panel now thoroughly fragmented), good pizza (but not the very best I have had in town), fun service, if a little scattered as there is still some training going on. The oven is gas-fired as opposed to wood fired as the space does not have the ventilation needed for a wood oven.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by interchange42 View Post
    Anyone been here yet? Just saw this on my way up Bay (just not of College) to Via Vai.
    I went to Tosto on the day they opened. It was kind of a letdown. The ingredients looked and sounded great but the pizza was just bland. I'd try them again in the future though - no restaurant's going to get every order flawless on their first day.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by spires View Post
    I went to Tosto on the day they opened. It was kind of a letdown. The ingredients looked and sounded great but the pizza was just bland. I'd try them again in the future though - no restaurant's going to get every order flawless on their first day.
    I commend your attitude here.......no industry suffers more from the "only get one chance to make a good first impression" than restos.........don't know how many times i have raved about a place I like only to hear "went there once it was awful"....yes everyone has bad days and they really should be judged over more than one visit.