Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Motion On Bay Street
570 Bay Street, Toronto
Developer: Concert Properties

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Motion (rental @ 570 Bay (former Two City Hall) 29s, Concert, Young & Wright/IBI)

Janbe Guest

Default Motion (rental @ 570 Bay (former Two City Hall) 29s, Concert, Young & Wright/IBI)

Two City Hall by Diamante Development Corporation is launching soon.
    The website is up http://www.twocityhall.com/ and they are taking registrations.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Janbe View Post
    Two City Hall by Diamante Development Corporation is launching soon.
    The website is up http://www.twocityhall.com/ and they are taking registrations.
    Thanks!

Anyone know the height of this building?

3. Default

the funny thing is, I spoke with the owner of Diamante, and he told me they were not thinking of developing this one for a while. I guess they want to jump on the property before the market turns sour... super sour.

Is this the one that was cancelled? Is it the same developer?

Diamante has had Hariri Pontarini redesign the tower - it's still 50 storeys at this point:

Here is a link to an old preliminary report from 2006 regarding an application for the 50 storey, 522 footer known as Two City Hall. A number of issues were to be resolved.

http://www.urbandb.com/canada/ontari...ll_2_it035.pdf
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

Looks nice... the convex curve is a logical tip 'o the cap to City Hall. I wonder if this will be held up due to the "view" issues from NPS that the previous incarnation faced.
    I'm off to my aA meeting but they haven't helped much so far (recovery seems out of reach when you are boxed in).

8. Default

It looks the same as Apex 2 at Cityplace. They could do better.

I havent heard any news about this in like 2 years so i guess this is good news

10. Default

It's no secret that the site is for sale through a prominent real estate brokerage (CB). Not sure of the current status though.

Shouldn't the tower be more boxy? One City Hall is angular as hell, putting a convex on 2 City Hall seems a bit out of place, no? It's not convex enough to work with City Hall either. Sometimes I get the feeling architects just add a curve to make it seem more creative than it is. From my experience of living in these kind of buildings, they are impractical as hell too. Nobody really makes furniture that fits with such shallow curves.

Janbe Guest

Why would the site be for sale when they are starting the process of marketing the project.

If this is truly going forward, it would be a huge vote of confidence by this developer in the Toronto condo market....hope it's true....

Yuck. I hope this doesn't go through.

The original design for Two City Hall was a beautiful piece of modernism. And now we get this...

15. Default

I could be wrong ... but if memory serves me correctly that "Two City Hall" registration website may have been up for quite a while ?
    Miss you forever EE (1949-2011.10.14) and DaoDao (1998.03.28-2009.11.27)

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast