News   Mar 18, 2024
 630     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 741     0 

M1+M2+Metropolis+Parkside@Metro Place (Allen&Sheppard, Liberty, 14+2x16+17s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Surprised they can go so high. Isn't the airport an issue?

Good intensification for the Spadina subway though I would never live here. Next to an airport and industrial park and two very busy roads with few ammentities nearby.

The closest store selling food stuffs besides the typical convenience store is M&M at Wilson Heights and Sheppard.

The runway is not an issue here - it runs (very roughly) southeast to northwest, so the big boxes next to Wilson Station are there as it is in the flight path (and some of those one-floor stores have red navigation beacons).

I really wouldn't want to live there either unless things changed considerably. The only amenity is the subway.

Ed, totally true. It looks like a great project - an area that needs intensification, the buildings don't look too fussy, they have retail along the street, and it's close to the subway. All good. All good for someone other than myself to live in. As I often say about 18 Yonge - I'm grateful to those who bought and live there for enlivening a dead zone, though I wouldn't consider it myself.

I'm surprised that the land on the same corner as the subway station hasn't seen any development. That whole section of Sheppard is seeing a lot of low-rise condo developments with storefronts going in. Maybe it won't be long before a grocery store shows up although most people living in the area would probably have cars and drive down to Wilson.

Not bad - the interior arrangement of the block is a little "fuzzy", but I like the massing and the way it follows the curve of Sheppard with minimal setbacks.

AoD

Hopefully, once the entire sheppard corridor intensifies, they can complete the sheppard line (emphasis on the word 'hopefully')

Bleh. I'm not getting much sense of anything (place, design, liveability) from these ones...

I guess the Idomo guy with the beard is about to retire somewhere warm..

Maybe they will use Lars of whatever his name is for their "lifestyle" ads. Would be hilarious. It may be shallow, but I actually have to turn the channel if he comes on, if not for his appearance then for the grating quality of his voice.

If I was a buyer, I'd want a special clause concerning sewer backups.

If the sewer backup results from a Papal Carnival, doesn't it count as a blessing?

Back