News   Mar 28, 2024
 98     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Elementary Teachers Federation of ON (15 Huntley St., 4s, KPMB)

Not very exciting, but I snapped a pic of the sign!

4521680823_ef06ecc1c8_b.jpg

http://thetorontoblog.com/2011/05/0...4-storey-office-building-at-huntley-isabella/

Check this blog article for more info, including detailed photo tour of what buildings were demolished for this site and neighbouring buildings.

Designed by Toronto’s KPMB Architects, the ETFO headquarters will stand four storeys tall with one level of underground parking for 50 vehicles. The building is being designed to achieve LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification. It will replace a pair of 2-storey brick buildings that have been sitting vacant, and in a visible state of disrepair, since the CAS relocated to its new premises in 2006. Demolition of those structures started two weeks ago and should conclude shortly. Kael Opie, the ETFO project architect at KPMB , said construction of the new headquarters is expected to begin within the next month. Completion is anticipated for May 2013.

efto1.jpg

efto2.jpg

efto3.jpg

A beautiful building. Thanks for the pics and for bringing it to our attention.

This project closed last week.

General Contractor to be selected soon.

I did not tender it as the millwork was part of a "cost allowance"

Bird Construction was Low Bid, this project has very stringent schedule requirements and liquidated damages, i would imagine mobilization soon.

Bird Construction was Low Bid, this project has very stringent schedule requirements and liquidated damages, i would imagine mobilization soon.

Thanks for the update Insider.

A very challenging project to be sure.

liquidated damages will be a killer. Bird is a good choice here as they tend to handle the paperwork really well.

Tough design with the KPMB people who have their own ideas on gravity and such.

Give it to a bunch of teachers to give tough assignments with short deadlines, and the possibility of failure! LOL.

Are you sure it is Bird Construction, as it is not what the sign that I shot May 21 said? Then it could be for the demolition that is taking place now.
5745387202_191c66e90d_b.jpg

5745388360_58d26632e6_b.jpg

5745392468_8b6be3f172_b.jpg

5744848429_f684f613d9_b.jpg

Taken today: It's been a while since we had an update here. Lots of progress has been made. Took a quick shot while walking by.

ETF-Huntley-1.jpg

Back