News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 299     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 847     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

20 dollar schnitzels - yay!

The Budapest Restaurant at Gerrard and Woodbine is similarly excellent, if you like that kind of thing (and I do - very much), but as @Towered suggests, the bill adds up quickly there too.

Probably better that way - can you imagine what cheap, hearty food would do to you if made too "accessible" on a daily basis?

AoD

What's going on with the Burger King and Angelo's Coal Fired Pizza at Front and George? Closed for about 5 day, sign on pizza place says there was a flood but no sign of work or water or mess. Sign on BK says sorry for inconvenience but no reason. No response from phone calls or emails. Anyone know the real story?

What's going on with the Burger King and Angelo's Coal Fired Pizza at Front and George? Closed for about 5 day, sign on pizza place says there was a flood but no sign of work or water or mess. Sign on BK says sorry for inconvenience but no reason. No response from phone calls or emails. Anyone know the real story?
Just because you can't see the mess, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Could be in the back.

There was a restaurant in City Place (Rose's) that was closed for many months following a flood.

Yes, the "flood" was clearly a cover story but it's odd that it and Burger King closed in same week. BK was certainly not crowded but they had far fewer opening hours than the McDonald's across the street which hardly helped them. If someone had the $$ and combined Angelo's, BK and the still unoccupied former restaurant between them they might do well. Of course there are lots of restaurants in the area so you either need to be very good or very unusual. Angelo's certainly scared people off with blackened pizza- yes, they intended to blacken it but it was unusual and I know several people who simply thought it was Burned!

Swiss Chalet on Bloor (Huntley/Mount Pleasant) shut down a few weeks ago. I wonder what will take its place. With Aroma having moved into the Post building a few doors down, this stretch of Bloor seems to be getting better in terms of food choices.

Swiss Chalet on Bloor (Huntley/Mount Pleasant) shut down a few weeks ago. I wonder what will take its place. With Aroma having moved into the Post building a few doors down, this stretch of Bloor seems to be getting better in terms of food choices.

I was a bit upset over swiss chalet closing! Picked up from there almost once a week since I live close by.

As for Aroma close by...The fact they close early every weekday and don't even open on the weekend at all is a bit disappointing.

Back