1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 288     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 813     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he gives a shit about any "little guys" other than the mythologized Ford Nationals. He likes the little guys that respond supportively when No Rules Robbie acts not like the Chief Magistrate but like a major league A-hole.

Robbie's the only "little guy" he gives a toss about.
I didn't say he cares about the little guys - I said he likes helping little guys stick it to the system.

The literal Rob Ford related Goldsbie jaw drop:
(at 1:30)
Wonder what they ever did with the footage. Fun fact. Jerry is really close with Jayme Poisson's boyfriend. I think he was even one of Jerry's groomsmen. It's funny as she was Donovan's right hand woman for the Ford scandal stuff. But apparently Jerry was very loyal and never dished anything on Ford.

You mean like by "empowering" racists, misogynists, drunk drivers, and his/Deco's bizness buddies?
No - I mean that there is a part of him that genuinely likes doing the 10% of constituency work that he cares about, and enjoys the reward of making somebody happy. But it's on his terms only.

He's not cartoon evil. His is a delicate, complex flower.

maybe they should make a new position for rob... something like '311 front man'... so he can still show up at people's doors and try to help, but it would actually be his job then, unlike now... and he'd be out of a position where he can vote.

No - I mean that there is a part of him that genuinely likes doing the 10% of constituency work that he cares about, and enjoys the reward of making somebody happy. But it's on his terms only.

That last point is the one to keep in mind here. Yes, as long as it's completely on his terms, Ford at least enjoys the appearance of helping people because (1.) it feeds into his self-mythologizing, (2.) it strokes his ego, (3.) as long as they show proper deference to him - i. e. kiss his gigantic ass to his satisfaction - he openly gets off on the "respect" shown to him, and (4.) as long as they're sufficiently like him, share his "values" (racism, homophobia, belligerence, bullying), etc., Slob probably does want to "help" them...at least to whatever extent that it won't personally inconvenience him. The latter is essentially tribalism at work. That's not admirable.

There was an article linked to many pages back (from Vice.com I think) that talked about some of this, and provided concrete examples of Ford using his political positions to basically play act like he was Marlon Brando in the Godfather. It was more than a little creepy. If you're willing to participate in the twisted fantasy world he's constructed in his tiny little pea brain - that is, kiss his ring, give him immediate positive feedback/gratification and so on - then, yeah, he's winning to 'help," however questionable such help actually ends up being. But if you expect him to do his damn job as Councilor/Mayor without all the ass-kissing, or worse, point out the many, many ways that he's actually not very good at said jobs, then watch out for the ensuing temper tantrum that may turn violent at any second.

"Cartoon evil?" Well, no, not really. (Maybe the cartoon part.) He is, on the other hand, a stupid, mean, violent, unstable, vindictive, thin-skinned, fame whoring, bigoted, tiny-minded, reactionary, lazy, dull-witted, brainless, slack-jawed, crass, cretinous, oafish, pig-ignorant, glory-hogging, subhuman, enormously fat, hideously ugly piece of nouveau riche white trash shit.

Reactions: YPQ
"Cartoon evil?" Well, no, not really. (Maybe the cartoon part.) He is, on the other hand, a stupid, mean, violent, unstable, vindictive, thin-skinned, fame whoring, bigoted, tiny-minded, reactionary, lazy, dull-witted, brainless, slack-jawed, crass, cretinous, oafish, pig-ignorant, glory-hogging, subhuman, enormously fat, hideously ugly piece of nouveau riche white trash shit.

rob jay game.JPG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1091461893845361015_227165455

Attachments

• rob jay game.JPG
    rob jay game.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 494

He's not cartoon evil. His is a delicate, complex flower.

With all apologizes to Shrek, Robbie is like an onion.

Ever see the movie "Sin City"? Or then again, "Pulp Fiction"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back