183     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 694     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 437     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Old City Hall: under Mayor Ford, I can see it handed over to Zlatko and turned into a MegaMuzik venue--only to be consumed in a massive fire following a crack-pipe incident in a bathroom...

Oh you just know he is going to raise a stink about how the process isn't transparent, that it is under the table gravy train favourtism towards whatever group JT see fits, blah blah blah.

AoD

I actually lost weight after I got married. This was back in 2003 and now I am a rather large person...

Not me. I used to live downtown and walk/bike everywhere. When I got married we moved back to the burbs. Now I drive everywhere and eat fast food and it shows.

Random thought after watching some old news coverage. It was kind of inappropriate that media used to bum rush Ford at his house back in the day. You don't seem them doing that with any other politicians. Must've been scary for his kids.

I lost some respect for the media that day when Ford was yelling at them to get off his property. Yes, there was a scandal. Yes, he wasn't answering questions. But his property is his property. That one guy with the camera that Ford directly yelled at, calling him "partner". What a dick. Just standing there. Then when they finally did get off his driveway and Ford was getting into his car, what did the media do? They went back onto his driveway.

Not me. I used to live downtown and walk/bike everywhere. When I got married we moved back to the burbs. Now I drive everywhere and eat fast food and it shows.

I got an office job and everyone brings food in...

Random thought after watching some old news coverage. It was kind of inappropriate that media used to bum rush Ford at his house back in the day. You don't seem them doing that with any other politicians. Must've been scary for his kids.

I watched an video of the media following him after he voted against youth shelters. It makes me appreciate John Tory.

i've been watching the danish show 'borgen' lately... and in one episode a politician talks about his kids' being bullied at school because of what was being said about him in the media. makes me wonder what steph and dougie went through.

That still suggests Towhey was privy to all manner of Fordian awfulness yet chose to do nothing about it other than waiting until it was all over to write a book on it.
unless he learned whatever it is only after interviewing people / researching for his book.

The latest production to come to the Hammer is “Filth City”. Digital Canaries is the production company behind the film. The story is about a corrupt mayor who is swept up in a controversy than includes him smoking crack… Sound familiar?

Writers Andy King and Danny Polishchuck say it’s a loose satire of the Rob Ford saga. The writers also act in the feature and Andy King is directing. He says they originally set out to do a film noir type crime comedy about Toronto when the Ford story started to unravel.

While they could have shot in Toronto, King says they wanted a Gotham City feel. Outside the studios, the crew is filming on location in areas like the Gage Park Bandshell.

The movie, “Filth City” will be aired on TV this spring, they are also hoping to eventually turn it into a series.
http://www.chch.com/hamilton-is-a-favourite-among-filmmakers/

a schedule for towhey talking about his book...
Confirmed:
· Maclean's, 1st serial excerpt (8 pgs.), Oct. 15 issue – NEW DATE!
· The Globe and Mail, conversation-style feature between Mark & Robyn Doolittle, pub date tk
· CBC Metro Morning, interview with Mark Towhey, Oct. 26 (air time TBD)
· CTV Canada AM, live on-air interview with Mark Towhey, Oct. 27 @ 7:40 am ET (national)
· CBC As It Happens, pre-taped interview with Mark, scheduled to air Oct. 28
· TVO The Agenda, pre-taped interview with authors, taping on Nov. 10 @ 6:00 pm; episode scheduled to air 3rd week of Nov.
http://deweydivas.blogspot.com/2015/10/we-are-counting-down-days-for.html

hazel & rob bobbles.JPG

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/m...obble-head-figurines-hazel-and-rob/1108479194

Attachments

• hazel & rob bobbles.JPG
    hazel & rob bobbles.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 509
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back