News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.7K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 5m5 minutes ago
Spotted Rob Ford's chief of staff Dan Jacobs outside today's Stephen Harper event in Etobicoke #TOpoli #cdnpoli

Councillors don't have a chief of staff!

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/653929868913082368

Scouting the new job!

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 17s17 seconds ago
"Justin Trudeau just wants to tax, tax, tax" Doug Ford #cdnpoli #TOpoli

I am sure that the CPC is thrilled that Doug is now speaking for the party!

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Crowd cheers for Rob Ford as he arrives at Stephen Harper event #cdnpoli #TOpoli
Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpsonCTV 23m23 minutes ago
Smallest crowd I've seen on the campaign (and I've traveled with all 3 parties). Conservative event in Etobicoke

This is going better than I expected!

Last edited:
CRNA989WoAE4VPt.jpg

RF: Stephen Harper's ok as Prime Minister... but he sure ain't no Doug. Wait, when do I get to talk about my cancer?

Attachments

• CRNA989WoAE4VPt.jpg
    CRNA989WoAE4VPt.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Reactions: YPQ
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Stephen Harper event ends. The Fords leave. No public handshake between Fords and Harper #cdnpoli #TOpoli
Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpsonCTV 7m7 minutes ago
Rob and Doug Ford sat front and centre to support Harper. Harper didn't interact with them in front of the cameras.

So Harper kept some distance after all.

David Rider ‏@dmrider 3m3 minutes ago
.@TorontoRobFord, an acknowledged addict of illegal drugs while T.O. mayor, is welcome at events of @CPC_HQ which is tough on drug users
David Rider ‏@dmrider 1m1 minute ago
Of course @TorontoRobFord has by all accounts beaten his addictions, but I have not seen anything in party platform saying ex-users are okay

Last edited:
Actually they do have chiefs of staff.

Seems councillors can give members of their staff any title they choose, but a quick scan of the Councillor's pages shows that —aside from the Mayor—only two use the hifalutin title "Chief of Staff" . . . Josh Colle and of course Rob Ford. Most settle on Executive Assistant and Constituent Assistant.

For the record, Dan Jacobs is Chief of a staff of only two "special" assistants, which if Ford's time as mayor was any indication is an easy way to make very junior people feel important.

Without Flaherty the Fords apparently have no cronies in the Canadian Alliance party.
True to the Fords' tradition of being the "independent outsider" Little Guy reps they've cultivated! So they get the invite and are still treated like party crashers. Well done FoBros!

I did my bit yesterday to open the door for Doug's run at the Cons' leadership post election. We got to the Adv Poll at about 2 p.m. and had to wait about 40 minutes to actually cast our ballots, but the really good news is that I and my 2 friends seemed to be the oldest folks in the room. It was calm but since there's no viable Harpercon running it wasn't that exciting.

Spoke to the Elections Canada officer on the way out and she said the poll had been busy the 3 previous days and that by 2 o'clock over 1,000 voters had been through the doors, and the line up behind us was longer than when we'd arrived.

Seems councillors can give members of their staff any title they choose, but a quick scan of the Councillor's pages shows that —aside from the Mayor—only two use the hifalutin title "Chief of Staff" . . . Josh Colle and of course Rob Ford. Most settle on Executive Assistant and Constituent Assistant.

For the record, Dan Jacobs is Chief of a staff of only two "special" assistants, which if Ford's time as mayor was any indication is an easy way to make very junior people feel important.

Still Chief of Staff no matter if the title is vestal (pun intended), I'm surprised he hasn't taken the title of commodore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back