News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 415     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Maybe it'd be an interesting marketing tool if they called it "The Starr Of Downtown"
120px-Ringo_Starr.png

There's something weird about the SoD it reminds me of the Ivanhoe in Vancouver. It might become a surprise--grow upon us. I've got to re-examine the render again to figure out just how bad it will be--probably better than anything Harry's put up.

The neighbourhood sure has character--an interesting experiment and certainly many buyers should be admired for their pioneering spirit.

Edit: After peering at the rendering on the first page, I came to the conclusion the building will be no more offensive than those Tridel Icon buildings on Wellington@John, anything by Stinson or perhaps even Mosaic. It is what it is: relatively cheap but decent massing. Just another blah building in a blah part of Toronto. It will be replaced someday--and since I live in the west end, how often will I actually see it? (Once in my life time I reckon.)

It was probably pretty cool in it's time though. It looks very dutch to me.
Re-clad it and it would improve quite a bit. The problem is also that it is not in context with anything around it.

Back