Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Upon more closely examining the new renders I think this tower will look quite cool. The entire thing looks like its sheathed in black glass with only horizontal cutouts for inset balconies. Definitely nothing like it in Toronto. It's too bad about losing the red accent, but there's still a lot to like here.

The location of Yonge/Eg is over exggerated. What's the point of being on the future Crosstown? What exactly is interesting on Eglinton Ave that one would need to take the future Crosstown to see? Nothing. The only point of being on the line is to get to Yonge st and then come downtown for some life.

Not everybody works or hangs out downtown. If you work in Scarborough but still want some urban life then this could totally be ideal. Especially once the LRT is done.

Well, it just becomes a typical boring condo building in Toronto. I think it suits lifeless Yonge/Eg pretty well.

If I am gonna spend $700/sf for the convenience of being 10 minutes subway ride to downtown, why don't I just live downtown? I don't see any advantage of this location compared with say Yonge/College, or John/Richmond, or King/Church. There are tons of downtown condos to choose from.

The location of Yonge/Eg is over exggerated. What's the point of being on the future Crosstown? What exactly is interesting on Eglinton Ave that one would need to take the future Crosstown to see? Nothing. The only point of being on the line is to get to Yonge st and then come downtown for some life.

Possibly people are different and some like to be able to access downtown from time to time instead of being in it all the time. Some people like trees and quieter areas. There are plenty of places to visit and to eat in the area. To each there own man, some people like suburbs and some like busy areas like manhatten, personally I do find Yonge and egg to be a nice area full of character and a good buffer between the fast pace of downtown and the slow sleepy suburbs. Ask me 10 years ago and I probably would have agreed with you.

Crosstown will get you to little jamaica, restos around eg and bathurst/allen, science centre, and new aga khan museum as well as stuff on Bayview and Mt. Pleasant.

Last edited:
Possibly people are different and some like to be able to access downtown from time to time instead of being in it all the time. Some people like trees and quieter areas. There are plenty of places to visit and to eat in the area. To each there own man, some people like suburbs and some like busy areas like manhatten, personally I do find Yonge and egg to be a nice area full of character and a good buffer between the fast pace of downtown and the slow sleepy suburbs. Ask me 10 years ago and I probably would have agreed with you.

Crosstown will get you to little jamaica, restos around eg and bathurst/allen, science centre, and new aga khan museum as well as stuff on Bayview and Mt. Pleasant.

+1. This a a GREAT area of town. It's vibrant with tons of great restaurants and shops, and it's quiet at night. I like several of the other projects going up in the area, but to be located right on the subway with direct access is key when it's minus 20 degrees and you thought that your 7 min walk from Erskine Av to the subway was nice at the time. We measure distance in minutes now. I'd chose to be right on a subway...but really high up in the taller building to get some amazing views of DT.

but to be located right on the subway with direct access is key when it's minus 20 degrees and you thought that your 7 min walk from Erskine Av to the subway was nice at the time. We measure distance in minutes now. I'd chose to be right on a subway

That I totally agree.
On those miserable -15 plus snow and wind days, whether you have to walk only 3 or 5 minutes to the subway station makes a huge difference in terms of your comfort level, everyday. I will put a big premium on a property right on the subway over another only 400 meters away (which is a long distance when weather is bad. We are not in Los Angeles when walking is always pleasant).

Erskine is really not that close. I went there this Jan, and from the station it seem to have taken a long time, when I needed to navigate on the heavy snow covered sidewalks.

If people are seriously looking to buy real estate (and they don't own or want a car) then walking around looking projects in the dead of winter is the best thing before making a decision. As we agree, Erskine seems so far away from the subway in winter lol.

I like E Condos because of the subway access and the height, but I must admit that my heart sank a little with the red removed. Hopefully some sexy red ends up somewhere on the project...like the undersides of podium overhangs or balconies when we look up (like at Charlie!). Make it interesting for pedestrians. That would be hot...and if the panels got dated they could replace it a lot easier than entire glass walls. A little red goes a long way, so they wouldn't have to do much here to break up the grey. Again, look at how well the yellow works at Charlie.

Uhh:confused:, did they they drop the height of the taller tower

2263 YONGE ST
Site Plan Approval 13 148633 STE 22 SA Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Apr 11, 2013 --- --- --- ---
Site plan application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed use building comprised of two residential towers 58 stories and 38 stories in height respectively connected by a podium containing retail and office uses. Included in the proposal is the demolition and replacement of 30 existing rental dwelling units secured through a related Residential Demolition Control Application. Proposal will contain 854 dwelling units complete with 4level below grade parking facility.

Uhh:confused:, did they they drop the height of the taller tower

2263 YONGE ST
Site Plan Approval 13 148633 STE 22 SA Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Apr 11, 2013 --- --- --- ---
Site plan application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed use building comprised of two residential towers 58 stories and 38 stories in height respectively connected by a podium containing retail and office uses. Included in the proposal is the demolition and replacement of 30 existing rental dwelling units secured through a related Residential Demolition Control Application. Proposal will contain 854 dwelling units complete with 4level below grade parking facility.

At the corner of two transit lines yet we see a reduction in height and density. I wonder if there is some NIMBY group that's celebrating this 6 floor reduction. Rather than be fearful of height and density, Toronto should embrace it at such a prime intersection.

Just my two cents...

I have a feeling the height reduction for this one is from the developer and not the NIMBYs. This hasn't been selling well, so the reduction is natural.

I disagreed that they are not selling well. Sales office could be making numbers up, but last time I spoke with them, they claim its about 65-70% sold now. For the price point they are selling at, they are selling pretty well in my opinion. People could easily choose 155 Redpath if they want a lower price point, but you cannot go wrong with a direct subway access in the winter. Also I believe the sales told me demolition could start this fall. They are making a final push at public sales with a 5% deposit promotion. But honestly, the promotion is not attractive at all. They want to know every bit of your assets and liabilities in order to qualify you for the 5% deposit program.

They claimed to have been 50% sold within 3 weeks of opening last year. The sales person at the presentation centre showed me a chart half marked out for units claimed. I wonder why it hasn't nearly sold out by now.

Also I believe the sales told me demolition could start this fall.
---------------------
A new Greek restaurant just opened on Yonge in the strip to be demolished. After several months of renovation. Doesn't look like they're getting ready to take it down.

In another proposed Y&E project at the corner of Redpath and Eg, the office building that was bought to be torn down has starting leasing again.

Also I believe the sales told me demolition could start this fall.
---------------------
A new Greek restaurant just opened on Yonge in the strip to be demolished. After several months of renovation. Doesn't look like they're getting ready to take it down.

In another proposed Y&E project at the corner of Redpath and Eg, the office building that was bought to be torn down has starting leasing again.

Nope not correct ... only a couple stores north of Yonge will be demolished, only up to the bagel store.

Back