Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

I don't think there are any concrete plans for a bank, Starbucks or dry cleaners. I think it was just WiddleBittyKitty derailing the thread with negativity again. Happens from time to time when we run out of catnip.

The ground floor corner retail unit will be RBC.

I think when someMidTowner wrote that I was negative, he actually meant prescient.

my God, they're everywhere. Even more common downtown than Tim Hortons nowadays.

There are probably 3 or 4 Tim Hortons for every single Starbucks in downtown.
Having a Starbucks is always a better sign than having a new Tim Hortons.

Nice. Does anyone else have trouble finding RBCs around the city? I feel like they're the most underrepresented of the Big Five.

They are! I've always had to make a little trip whenever I want to go to an RBC... there's very few branches downtown.

I thought a dennys was coming to motion? Or is that another building?

Denny's is going in next door (to the West of Motion). It's replacing this eyesore at 121-123 Dundas St. W.

dennys.jpg

Are they demolishing the building or just reconfiguring the ground floor? I like this little thing. It's far more vibrant at-grade than any Denny's will ever be.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Eyesore"? I've always liked the colourful minimalism of this little building. A Denny's, however, will be a shameful eyesore, as well as a retail-sore. Ugh. Is this a strip mall in Pickering? Why would a Denny's go here?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's near the mall, and across from the bus station. Sometimes, often, the buses get in late. Isn't there also a Red Lobster a block away?

Judging by the rendering, they will be reconfiguring the ground and renovating the entire building to "code". The .pdf mentions - "Landlord will be improving the facade of the building, including changing colour of existing green coloured glass panels and install new coverings over the existing mullions". Thanks to LNahid2000 for the link. More information - http://www.lennard.com/files/spaces/265/121-123 Dundas Street W_Broker Flyer (client).pdf

dennys2.jpg

I don't mind a Denny's here. I've never eaten at one and have no particular interest in doing so, but it will literally be the only one in the entire city of Toronto, so in a way it's adding variety and it's unique. I like having at least one of everything.

Back