One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Hey Ana,

I am going to be using Toro movers, my friend used them a few weeks ago and they are really good. http://toromovers.ca/ You can use the online thingy to get an accurate quote for pricing or call directly at (416) 844-6683. Stay on top of valhalla about your new PDI date. Whats your move in date for the unit on 19?

Rex!! buddy...long time!

cant believe i am moving in before you! My PDI is oct 17, and my move is Nov 12.

Was anyone else told that they cannot book elevators for the same day as your occupancy date? thats what I was told and I am a little annoyed. There rationale was that, you dont know when you will receive the keys that day. True, but if I had an elevator slot for 6-8 I would have keys for sure by then. The site office closes at 6:30pm..need less to say I will have the first slot for elevators the day after.;)

so your PDI is 26 days before move-ins... and I am 19 days. I guess I am the shortest one here. LOL
please post pics from PDI, we all would like to see it!! I will be sure to post the pics as well, even tho I will be the last one LOL

so your PDI is 26 days before move-ins... and I am 19 days. I guess I am the shortest one here. LOL
please post pics from PDI, we all would like to see it!! I will be sure to post the pics as well, even tho I will be the last one LOL

yes! without a doubt! They probably figured that I am picky and will find something wrong that will have to be rectified, so they gave me more time LOL:p

Thanks Shorty! I will definitely call and ask for a quote. I also checked on yelp and came across 'El Cheapo Movers' - http://www.elcheapo.ca/. Might call them as well as they are getting amazing reviews. My move in date for the 19th floor is November 13th. I am planning to rent it out and don't expect anyone occupying it until Dec or Jan. Btw, what did you guys decide for window coverings? I was originally thinking drapes only but I think I will go with horizontal roller blinds from Blinds To Go.

Hey Ana,

I am going to be using Toro movers, my friend used them a few weeks ago and they are really good. http://toromovers.ca/ You can use the online thingy to get an accurate quote for pricing or call directly at (416) 844-6683. Stay on top of valhalla about your new PDI date. Whats your move in date for the unit on 19?

Rex!! buddy...long time!

cant believe i am moving in before you! My PDI is oct 17, and my move is Nov 12.

Was anyone else told that they cannot book elevators for the same day as your occupancy date? thats what I was told and I am a little annoyed. There rationale was that, you dont know when you will receive the keys that day. True, but if I had an elevator slot for 6-8 I would have keys for sure by then. The site office closes at 6:30pm..need less to say I will have the first slot for elevators the day after.;)

Hey Ana,

Rex!! buddy...long time!

That's awesome that your move-in is so soon you must be really excited!

As for the move-in, I really hope my date is not delayed for whatever reason because i've pretty much setup a lot of stuff around that week. (Furniture deliveries, van rental, taking time off work, etc.) Wish I could help you guys out with mover recommendations but this is my first time moving into a condo...I'm such a newbie!! lol :eek:

Thanks Shorty! I will definitely call and ask for a quote. I also checked on yelp and came across 'El Cheapo Movers' - http://www.elcheapo.ca/. Might call them as well as they are getting amazing reviews. My move in date for the 19th floor is November 13th. I am planning to rent it out and don't expect anyone occupying it until Dec or Jan. Btw, what did you guys decide for window coverings? I was originally thinking drapes only but I think I will go with horizontal roller blinds from Blinds To Go.

I was thinking curtains but tell me what your Blinds to Go quote is..I might go that route. Our ceiling on 19 I think is 8 feet 6 inches, so its probably going to be very expensive.

Yes....so excited!!! Can't wait!!! I just got my new PDI appointment and its on Oct 2nd, only 15 days prior to my move in. They are saying that there will be no changes to the firm occupancy dates. I think it's in their best interest or else they will need to put us in a nice hotel. lol...I was going over the contract and it states that they would have to pay us $150 per night for hotel stay! That doesn't sound bad at all!!! :)

That's awesome that your move-in is so soon you must be really excited!

As for the move-in, I really hope my date is not delayed for whatever reason because i've pretty much setup a lot of stuff around that week. (Furniture deliveries, van rental, taking time off work, etc.) Wish I could help you guys out with mover recommendations but this is my first time moving into a condo...I'm such a newbie!! lol :eek:

Hello Ana, that's great to know you are owning two units at one Valhalla! I don't think you can rent it out until the building is fully registered, as per agreement... Anyways, for the window coverings, this was discussed at the information session that the back of the drapes must be white or off white for the best aesthetic appearance of one Valhalla... So make sure you are noted about that! What I recommend is hunter & Douglas shades as they provide quite modern shades for condos... So u might check these out! They have at Loews (which I strongly recommend the fact they got excellent customer service and take seriously in getting orders done!)... Hope these helps!

It shouldn't be too bad. I bought blinds from Blinds To Go before and it was reasonable. Yes, you pay a little more for installation but they do a wonderful job. It might be a good investment. I love the look of curtains too but I am thinking it might not be enough to block all the light. The window tracks that are in the model suites is another option but I think for those custom curtains are required. I have yet to see once that hook on the same way. I guess once I find out all the pricing it will be easier to decide. :)

I was thinking curtains but tell me what your Blinds to Go quote is..I might go that route. Our ceiling on 19 I think is 8 feet 6 inches, so its probably going to be very expensive.

Yes....so excited!!! Can't wait!!! I just got my new PDI appointment and its on Oct 2nd, only 15 days prior to my move in. They are saying that there will be no changes to the firm occupancy dates. I think it's in their best interest or else they will need to put us in a nice hotel. lol...I was going over the contract and it states that they would have to pay us $150 per night for hotel stay! That doesn't sound bad at all!!! :)

I knew edilcan wouldn't disappoint us at all, they pretty take buyers seriously, even now you know they will offer a hotel stay should there be another delay! So firm is firm, and should it be not met its edilcans responsibility to accommodate us! :)

Thank you! I didn't know about this brand of blinds at all. It's nice to know that there are other options. I will definitely do a comparison. For now, I just want to see the unit and have those keys in my hands already!!! lol

Hello Ana, that's great to know you are owning two units at one Valhalla! I don't think you can rent it out until the building is fully registered, as per agreement... Anyways, for the window coverings, this was discussed at the information session that the back of the drapes must be white or off white for the best aesthetic appearance of one Valhalla... So make sure you are noted about that! What I recommend is hunter & Douglas shades as they provide quite modern shades for condos... So u might check these out! They have at Loews (which I strongly recommend the fact they got excellent customer service and take seriously in getting orders done!)... Hope these helps!

OH SHOOT!! wouldnt mind that too much LOL!

errrr, just got a letter from Valhalla... my PDI appt has pushed back to November 21st, with still firm occupancy date on November 27th...
funny, they stated on letter "ensure that your home is as close to your perfect as possible when you attend to see it for the first time at your PDI appointment"...
of course, that is so Edilcan. :) not worried, here...

errrr, just got a letter from Valhalla... my PDI appt has pushed back to November 21st, with still firm occupancy date on November 27th...
funny, they stated on letter "ensure that your home is as close to your perfect as possible when you attend to see it for the first time at your PDI appointment"...
of course, that is so Edilcan. :) not worried, here...

Got mine today to..UGH! Delay PDI to October 30, from October 17th...Firm occupancy on November 12th. So 12 or 13 days before.

Got mine today to..UGH! Delay PDI to October 30, from October 17th...Firm occupancy on November 12th. So 12 or 13 days before.

Mine 6 days before move ins, so wondering how they will meet PDI to my satisfaction... We will see...
I guess they pushed everyone's PDI dates ahead with still firm occupancy date... Went by the site and saw there's a lot of work to do, especially they got less than a month to meet all stringent deadlines. I heard there were delays with suppliers with popular "gra" samples in which they are rushing to meet deadlines to deliver on-site. They are pretty much scrambling to meet everything on time, so we will see when the near time approaches.

Mine 6 days before move ins, so wondering how they will meet PDI to my satisfaction... We will see...
I guess they pushed everyone's PDI dates ahead with still firm occupancy date... Went by the site and saw there's a lot of work to do, especially they got less than a month to meet all stringent deadlines. I heard there were delays with suppliers with popular "gra" samples in which they are rushing to meet deadlines to deliver on-site. They are pretty much scrambling to meet everything on time, so we will see when the near time approaches.

Gra was the dark package right? that's what I got. And yea, the ground around the site isn't even covered and board member Ana is suppose to move on October 6, I think. I don't even think that's possible. that is NEXT WEEK!

Back