Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

25 November 2008 photo update

Caltrane, I don't share your optimistic viewpoint (although at night it looks okay.)

How is this "great city building?"

DSC00549-1.jpg

It's great in the sense of it's height ... other then that it's just meh ...

The base of the Pinnacle center is actually pretty nice on Yonge ... compared to most waterfront developments. But the other sides are just okay.

I like the vertical precast concrete racing strips going up the side of the building.

I like the glass

I like the height

I like the podium.

For sure it's not all doom and gloom and as far as waterfront condos go, we've seen alot worse.

December 1 2008 update

Success 1's upper floors are clearly visible from Royal York Hotel :)

IMG_2757.jpg

This has probably been said a million times but its not the best architechture in toronto but it is tall and i actually dont mind it.

I like how the glass colour contrasts with its neighbours.

Any word on that "corner-crown" from the drawings? Is it going ahead?

Looks like the only progress we've made since the old World Trade Centre apartments across the street is a little height and nicer glass.

You got it :)

I mean, for what it is, it's fine.

But if you've seen other waterfront developments this is something to be ashamed about ... at the very least something not to mention.

But again, the only important part is the base when it comes down to it ... and on Yonge street, it's pretty nice - no idea how it will turn out on the other streets.

ps - Any plans for that HUGE parking lot that engulfs that abandoned building + the Port Authority building / steak house.

They have finished the top floor and are working on the roof elements now. They took away a lot of the concrete forms, and they moved the concrete pumping machine. I got my official letter telling me that the "Completion Date is April 15th, 2009" means I have to give them the last 5% of my down payment on that date. When I signed my contract in March 2007 the contract stated the completion date would be March 15th, 2009, which makes them only one month behind their original schedule. The Extended Possession date is June 30th. The official address is 18 Harbour St

Thats really good that their only one month behind schedule but which project is lol

I'm sorry butt... I'm fed up with the internet, bad typing and drop-outs.

I'm so mad at forum (lack of) decorum... I'm going to offer an end of year prize for those who actually use punctuation, avoid that friggin' "lol" and all its cousins... in favour of real thoughts supported by real words.

The amount of time being saved with rotfl isn't remotely worth the price... illiterate teens in class, and illiterate teens on-line.

F!ck. This is ridiculous. Stop. Now. Please. Learn to spell. It's a wise investment.

Back