News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 549     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I don't think it's the amount of time to get out of there. But it might take awhile if there's a full house? The feeling I got going down those elevators was constriction. There doesn't seem to be much space. The ceiling above your head isn't all that high, the escalators are narrow. It's like being in a cubby hole. If there's any smoke that gets to the area, I get the feeling it would fill up quick.

There's a huge AMC giga-plex on 42nd street at 8th Avenue in NYC (the old Empire Theatre) which has a similar array of zig-zag escalators but it's even more of a maze than TLS. I got the same feeling going up and down the dizzying escalator arrangement of being constricted as is described (and I agree) with the exit escalator at TLS. I can't say I feel unsafe - and it obviously isn't, but it doesn't feel right. For me, I avoid anything above Future Shop now. Somehow in my mind it's too much work and very unpleasant to navigate through this space, so I choose not to.

Last edited:
No it wont. The exit from the theatre feeds directly to the down escalators in the food court. You dont have to walk the entire food court when you exit.

Quite right. You're only forced to walk through the food court when you're exiting Milestones or Jack Astors... making the logic of the design even more incomprehensible.

Quite right. You're only forced to walk through the food court when you're exiting Milestones or Jack Astors... making the logic of the design even more incomprehensible.

I guess they were hoping people would make one last impulse food purchase before they leave :p

Tuscani, you're probably right. I remember leaving the movie theatre and going down the escalators and ending up on the food court level...then walking through to find other escalators down.

The design is still a mess though.

Ryerson has put up an RU sign on the north-east side of TLS where there was space for 2 ads. The second spot has a tri-vision ad which is currently blank. It also belongs to Ryerson so expect more branding of some sort.

MODs ... should the TLS thread not be moved to 'Buildings & Architecture' now that is clearly completed and occupied for the most part ?

can't agree more Archivist ... I don't believe building construction is only considered complete after SIGNS are installed ... IMO thats cosmetics

And the Final Sign is a multi million dollar sign...worth more than a lot of building projects in the city.

I think it should stay here until this sign has been completed; at least.

To me a building is complete when it's at least half occupied and open to the public. If the signs aren't up, that's not a sign of incompletion, it's just laziness and generally not caring about their product.

For goodness sake, it's not a case of laziness: there's likely so much going on behind the scenes regarding this massive building that we do not have an inkling of - probably lots of internecine strife, who knows - and those branding signs were a major part of the original plan, (originally Metropolis, now Toronto Life Square) so the thread can stay until they are done.

Back