Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

November 4 2008 update

Northeast View
IMG_2443.jpg

Northwest View
IMG_2444.jpg

West View
IMG_2445.jpg

50, read the thread title (# of floors have been added to all thread titles)

and it's totally inconceivable that the title is wrong ... 53 floors by all city reports

Last edited:
I justed looked up the building permits for Success Tower 1+2 and had some interesting findings ~

Application#: 08 206317 BLD 00 NB
Description: Proposal to construct an addition 3 stys above condo (see active BLD06 157776). New total # of sty's = 53. Tower C. See Final & Binding - A0382/08TEY.

Application#: 08 206333 BLD 00 NB
Proposal to construct a 2 sty mixed use building (BUILDING D) with below grade parking (approved under active BLD permits for 33 Bay St). NOTE: 46 sty condo above to follow.

so yup ... maestro is right .... Success Tower 1 is 53 storeys. I look to building permit as it is always the final confirmation of what is being built, whereas other staff reports may not necessarily represent the final building (ie: builder can get planning or zoning approvals for 60 storeys and end up building 55 storeys of the maximum height permission) :)

Secondly ... it appears Pinnacle has not pushed for construction of Success Tower 2 yet and have sought to build only the underground parking and 2 levels podium portion first ... my guess is either it is too early in the project to start building the tower or sales are slow thus far (but please don't start any rumours of Success2 falling through :D)

Not sure which elevations it's on (I'm guessing north and west based on what I see on the lower floors vis a vis the render), but remember there is a 5 storey notch/crown thingmabob that is set back into the building.

There's no sign of this yet so there's at least 5 storeys to go.
\

pinnaclec.jpg

Last edited:
They spent all day pouring another floor today, I asked one of the workers what floor they were on and he said they were just 'forming' the 50th floor. They also added about 3 more floors of precast cladding to the north side, but they haven't added any new glass in the last week or two. I'm also waiting for the crown on the north west corner to begin but there is no sign of the setback yet.

Why couldn't the rest of the buildings be like this one!

I think I'd take this over most of the cityplace buildings ... well maybe, but it's nice!

new Condo Guide out today (Nov 10)...ad for Success Tower on page 81..there is a rendering with the floors marked as follows:

"Floors 34-40 : Palatial Suite

Floors 41-48 : Palatial Vista

Floors 49-53 : Palatial Landmark"

Gotta love marketing....:D

So the occupied floors go up to 53...From the rendering, there appears to be at least 1, maybe 2 mechanical floors above this as well....it could end up being the equivalent of 54 or 55 storeys...

I'm also waiting for the crown on the north west corner to begin but there is no sign of the setback yet.

Strange, then by all accounts they should have begun forming the setback.
Maybe they changed the design? a la B-A center eliminating the fins on the buildings corners.
Or perhaps they simply forgot about it... :p

Last edited:
Here's what it looks like from Bay and Wellington this afternoon.

canonpics459uo0.jpg

The renovated entrance to Royal Bank Plaza looks finished.

Back