News   May 23, 2024
 93     0 
News   May 23, 2024
 350     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 1K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Every station might be pushing it. But Warden has been very much a big issue, as make it accessible requires pretty much a complete rebuild of the station, due to how the bus bays work. Like Islington.

And I'm sure he does know - but probably didn't put two and two together.

But what were staff thinking?

Changes to bus service at Broadview Station coming next week as streetcar infrastructure renewal begins

September 7, 2023

Starting Mon., Sept. 11, until November, all bus services will be diverted from Broadview Station and from the section of Broadview Ave. south of Mortimer Ave., to accommodate the renewal of streetcar track infrastructure at the station.

This is the next phase of critical streetcar track and overhead infrastructure renewal along Broadview Ave., from Gerrard St. E. to Broadview Station, which began in June. Full road closures are required on Broadview and Erindale avenues in the vicinity of Broadview Station, making it unsafe for buses to pick up and drop off customers, or to turn buses around.

Broadview Station will remain open during this period, and subway service will be unaffected.

“Investing in transit is one of my top priorities as Mayor of Toronto,” said Mayor Olivia Chow. “We must keep our infrastructure in a state of good repair, so TTC customers have a safe service they can rely on. The renewal of streetcar tracks at Broadview Station is critically important, and I am confident the TTC will complete the work on schedule so that regular bus service can resume as soon as possible.”

“I am pleased that the first phases of streetcar track replacement on Broadview Ave. have progressed rapidly with some work completed ahead of schedule.” said TTC Chair Jamaal Myers. “While I appreciate that the bus diversions will inconvenience some customers, TTC teams are working hard to ensure this phase of critical infrastructure renewal at Broadview Station is completed on time or ahead of schedule to ensure regular bus service can return as soon as possible.”

“We know that construction and route diversions can be challenging for our customers,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “We are working hard to ensure that customers are aware of the diversions, and can utilize alternate routes to get to their destinations. I also want thank our customers, and the local community, for their patience and understanding as we complete these critical infrastructure works.”

Starting Mon., Sept. 11, until work is complete in November:

• 8 Broadview buses will end at Mortimer Ave., then continue east as a 62 Mortimer service to Main Street Station.

• 62 Mortimer buses will end at Broadview Ave., then continue north as an 8 Broadview service to Warden Station.

• 87 Cosburn buses will divert from Broadview Ave. at Mortimer Ave., to Pape Ave., and to Pape Station, serving stops outside the station.

Every station might be pushing it. But Warden has been very much a big issue, as make it accessible requires pretty much a complete rebuild of the station, due to how the bus bays work. Like Islington.

And I'm sure he does know - but probably didn't put two and two together.

But what were staff thinking?
Both stations are in design stage with Islington been accessibility before Warden

Given the complex of Warden and the timeline to rebuild it, having Wheel-Tram service as call for will go a long way helping riders needs.by running service to/from either Kennedy or Victoria Park stations

Attachments

• 1694130524372.jpeg
    1694130524372.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 21
Here's a good Thursday laugh for everyone, apparently people seem clueless as to why the TTC isnt attracting ridership:
Why do you say that? There was a lot of discussion, right on the money, during the meeting as to why TTC isn't attracting ridership. This item was about an arts initiative - which I think is a bit of a waste of time.

How about recommending to replace the useless CEO and firing all underperforming upper management?

Council: NOOOOO!

Carry on... TTC is screwed
Leary's contact is, apparently now on month-by-month and renewing it is actually up to the Board. It's a new Board and they seem to actually pay attention so I suspect we may be seeing a farewell party soon. We will see!

Why do you say that? There was a lot of discussion, right on the money, during the meeting as to why TTC isn't attracting ridership. This item was about an arts initiative - which I think is a bit of a waste of time.
They've had the discussion before and it's not rocket science to figure out why they arent attracting riders, so in my eyes it's just a waste of time until they implement solutions.

Leary's contact is, apparently now on month-by-month and renewing it is actually up to the Board. It's a new Board and they seem to actually pay attention so I suspect we may be seeing a farewell party soon. We will see!
The sooner the clown is out the better for this city as a whole.

They've had the discussion before and it's not rocket science to figure out why they arent attracting riders, so in my eyes it's just a waste of time until they implement solutions.

The sooner the clown is out the better for this city as a whole.
The sad part with him him leaving TTC , he could end up in Mississauga since they need an new director of transit. Today marks the end of the current director after 15 years. Since he a bus person and MT is buses as the LRT is control my ML, Leary would be in bus city.

The sad part with him him leaving TTC , he could end up in Mississauga since they need an new director of transit. Today marks the end of the current director after 15 years. Since he a bus person and MT is buses as the LRT is control my ML, Leary would be in bus city.
He might be concerned that going to Mississauga would be seen as a demotion in terms of his career. I'd think it more likely he dupes a transit authority further away so he can spin it as a lateral move.

You don't even believe in what you wrote.

Highly unlikely that Leary will go to Mississauga. And knowing Mississauga , I doubt they'll even want him there. It makes more sense for him to go back to the States or out of Province.

He'll also have to consider his children.

I highly doubt he’s going to downgrade his job and go to Mississauga.

I highly doubt he’s going to downgrade his job and go to Mississauga.
Given a fact he would have to take a huge pay cut if he wants the job

From two days ago. Jamaal Myers is seeking a "Director of TTC Policy" What do we think?

From two days ago. Jamaal Myers is seeking a "Director of TTC Policy" What do we think?

The position, at one level sounds tailor-made for a former City Councillor supposedly in the running to succeed Rick Leary.

But 80k a year would be a big pay cut for that person............

Hmmmm

Back