News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 433     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

Here is it...

rogerstelevisioncity_rendering.jpg

Thanks Torontoist!

Can't say I'm too impressed to be honest.

Oh well. Maybe Rogers will go out of business too. Third time's the charm. Or is that, three strikes and you're out?

To be fair, it's only a preliminary rendering that was likely rushed in order to get it over to the City to attach to a Feb 13th report on the potential sale of the City's interest in the ad signage on the building.

I am not overly worried - it's a rather poor rendering but the design is suggestive of BMW Toronto). I am a bit surprised by the amount of exterior renovation actually they're proposing, actually.

AoD

Renderings can always be faulted for glamourizing and exaggeration (the lake of sulphur and brimstone into which this building is shown sinking, for example) but they are so often less faulted for underplaying - and making dowdy - the product they are advertising.

I really hope this rendering is guilty of the second sin, because to me, it looks like a rather flashy Bad Boy Furniture Outlet with an alien tongue depressor attached.

I think I'll move to Venice.

Yeah, for some reason I'm more inclined to give Quadrangle the benefit of the doubt on this one. The finishes they use couldn't possibly be as nasty as the rendering suggests.

It seem less like a bad building - or even a bad rendering - and more like a botched Photoshop hack-job. Are we sure this is real?

Yeah, for some reason I'm more inclined to give Quadrangle the benefit of the doubt on this one. The finishes they use couldn't possibly be as nasty as the rendering suggests.

It seem less like a bad building - or even a bad rendering - and more like a botched Photoshop hack-job. Are we sure this is real?

Agree 100%

We are getting a new LED screen. ( you guys didn't notice)

I'm sure it will be better than the one at TLS.

I guarantee it. It has to be better to give great shots of live shows from the stage and into Dundas Square.

Given that this is a preliminary rendering I’m not too concerned. I have faith that Quadrangle will pull this off. After all, I don’t think it’s possible to make the torch look any worse.

Oh no, more corrugated steel? I hope there are some massive changes to this before is goes ahead. The main body of the Torch building with its curved glass looks much better than this.

Back