News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 562     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Lotus (Yonge & Davenport, Shiu Pong, 16s, Northgrave) COMPLETE

^ Are they going to come in with more yellow bricks there? What's the general procedure when something like this happens?

The building next to what was supposed to be Mode Lofts on Adelaide and Brant also has a hideous wall like that as a result of demolition, but it's been 2 years and it's still like that. It looks awful. Who would be responsible for fixing that?

Four Seasons is going to go flush with that wall so there's no reason for yellow brick as we'll never see that wall again. At least until Four Seasons or 18 Yorkville get torn down.

I am not too sure about the quality of the cladding...is it normal to have divits on the pre-clad? It makes the building look worn down already...will they fix the cracks?

Updates November 27 2007

2073192990_dd053cecdf_b.jpg

2073193626_2c6777eb6b_b.jpg

Wasn't there a nice little parkette there before? There was some opportunity for an interesting wedge shaped building on that parcel, but judging from the pics it seems that there is not a lot to get enthusiastic about. Perhaps better quality materials would have helped the design more.

Try as I might I just can't like this building. Hopefully the parkette is nice, but on such an unusual site Lotus seems like a tremendous wasted opportunity. But I suppose in a couple of years it will be so deeply subsumed by its flashier neighbours that no one will even notice it.

Put it in perspective- it's still 10x nicer than anything Conservatory Group has ever done!

Back