News   May 21, 2024
 144     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 254     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.3K     5 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

For sure! That poll also threw in a random progressive (Desmond Cole in this case) and said it would make things harder for him to get re-elected.

I'm actually genuinely surprised Desmond Cole polled so high. Outside of the Annex chattering classes does anyone know who he is?

Well, he was a fairly well known columnist for The Star. He's also been fairly active politically since leaving. I think he has a fair amount of name recognition and is quite popular on the left side of things. I'm not overly surprised.

Your new budget in a nutshell.

upload_2017-12-1_19-56-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-1_19-56-9.png
    upload_2017-12-1_19-56-9.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 353
Updated Scarborough subway costs won't be published until after 2018 election
Cost estimate expected to be ready in 2018 but public report planned for the first quarter of 2019.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...t-be-published-until-after-2018-election.html

I'm sure it's better we don't know the cost when voting to re-elect John Tory. o_O Apparently Matlow showed up at the Malvern meeting and ruffled a few feathers with unwanted facts about costs and routes.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...matlow-square-off-on-scarborough-transit.html

Matlow is testing the winds to see if he can run for mayor either next year or in 2022.
I agree. Tory isn't planning on running after 2018, so Matlow could be a good candidate. I don't know why he'd waste his time and money next year, unless it's just to increase his name recognition. Plus Matlow knows that splitting the vote increases the chances of Crazy Doug getting elected. I like to think he wouldn't do that to us.

Last edited:
I agree. Tory isn't planning on running after 2018, so Matlow could be a good candidate. I don't know why he'd waste his time and money next year, unless it's just to increase his name recognition. Plus Matlow knows that splitting the vote increases the chances of Crazy Doug getting elected. I like to think he wouldn't do that to us.
There will for sure be a few prepping for 2022. Watch for a few sitting councillors to jump into the mayoral race, run a few debates and then drop back their safe seats at the deadline.

Back