News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

I live in Scarborough and that stuff never crosses my mind at all.
Indeed. I grew up mostly in Scarborough (Warden and Kingston Rd.) and my parents still live in the area (near Cathedral Bluffs Dr., south of Kingston Rd.). As veteran Scarberians we've never felt separated from the city. I suppose if we were on the Pickering border we might.

Indeed. I grew up mostly in Scarborough (Warden and Kingston Rd.) and my parents still live in the area (near Cathedral Bluffs Dr., south of Kingston Rd.). As veteran Scarberians we've never felt separated from the city. I suppose if we were on the Pickering border we might.
Sure there were also a few Swansea Village 4Life folks kicking around in the 80s...

Presumably he wants to shore up his support in the core, and cheap, empty promises are a way to attempt that. But if you look at the substance of Tory’s big picture decisions, he’s still Ford in a better suit.

Presumably he wants to shore up his support in the core, and cheap, empty promises are a way to attempt that. But if you look at the substance of Tory’s big picture decisions, he’s still Ford in a better suit.
He is actually about 80% through his term so if he REALLY thought this he could have appointed a Deputy Mayor from 'downtown" to replace Pam McConnell and can always appoint new Committee chairs. Actions speak louder than words!

Maybe Ford with a fully functioning brain, and not just a better suit. Mind you, I'm not necessarily in agreement with that view. I think I'm still cherishing the change from the previous bloody mess.

That is a huge misunderstanding of the situation. Dog Ford would be only a soberer version of the 4 year clusterfuck that was Rob. Every other bad aspect - entitlement, ignorance of government, know it all-ism and surrounding himself with aides who knew little and understood less would all be prominent features of a Doug Ford mayoralty. John Tory is nothing like Rob or Doug Ford. And in saying that, nothing is perfect, but I can guarantee a good deal worse should voters widely share your view of this situation.

Last edited:
Hahaha. .........I just read about that today. No chance. If I'm wrong I may feel the need to get drunk and do something stupid like I may or may not have done when I was 19.
How old is that joker?

It doesn't help that he looks like a caricature of Satan. So ugly and evil looking, fittingly given his views and history.

Hahaha. .........I just read about that today. No chance. If I'm wrong I may feel the need to get drunk and do something stupid like I may or may not have done when I was 19.
How old is that joker?

Ironic that he got a drunk elected and now he is the one with the drinking problem.

Toronto is mentioned in STREETSBLOG USA's
The 2017 Streetsies: Best and Worst of the Year
From link.

leafy-neckdown.png

Toronto resident Dave Meslin and his neighbors used chalk and leaves to show how a local intersection would be right-sized. Photo: Dave Meslin/Twitter

Best Tactical Urbanism Demonstration: Toronto’s “Leafy Neckdown”
Toronto’s “leafy neckdown,” created by Dave Meslin, used leaves and chalk to illustrate all the extraneous asphalt at this intersection. The neckdown went viral in Toronto and beyond, showing how easy it can be to reimagine a street for pedestrian safety.

This project bested plunger-protected bike lanes, people-protected bike lanes, and Boston’s orange-cone bus lane in our reader’s choice poll.​

Back