News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 703     0 

Blue Jays

He appealed it - he was allowed to play within that time frame

And also should the Jays get to the playoffs, he's ineligible to play

And also should the Jays get to the playoffs, he's ineligible to play
How does that work? He misses 80 games, gets to come back, then has to sit on the bench again if the Jays make the playoffs? What a farce. Not that Colabello was doing anything yet this year, but Smoak really needs to step up now. He's be equally useless.

I went to the game today and they won! Great seats too.
The hitting really seems to have picked up these past couple of games. Great depth shining through too. Ezequiel Carrera is really on fire right now.

Wonder if the $6.6M doctor that billed OHIP is able to hit a baseball? See link. Some professional athletics make enough or exceed what doctors (or lawyers) get.

Very few professional athletes actually accumulate the same amount of wealth as doctors or lawyers. The highly publicized athlete making tens of millions is actually more of an anomaly rather than the norm. A white collar professional typically has many more years of income earning power than the average professional athlete within their respective professions. After accounting for taxes, agent and management fees, most athletes typically take home 30-35% of their gross earnings. Most people don't take that into consideration.

Last edited:
And don't forget all of the sponsorship opportunities. I'm not going to cry a river over their share.

And don't forget all of the sponsorship opportunities. I'm not going to cry a river over their share.

Well I just have to post this now.

Very few professional athletes will actually accumulate the same amount of wealth as doctors or lawyers. The highly publicized athlete making tens of millions is actually A white collar professional typically has many more years of income earning power than the average professional athlete within their respective professions. Once accounting for taxes, agent and management fees, most athletes only take home 30-35% of their gross earnings. Most people don't take that into consideration.

I don't know about that. Athletes get generous pension plans too. It's not like the money stops when they retire.

Back