News   May 24, 2024
 8.6K     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 475     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Perhaps Lone Star is opening some new concept that they're turning one of the restaurants into? I agree that those two are too close to each other. It's not like they're Starbucks or Tim Horton's.
There's now a sign up at the Front Street location that they are moving two blocks north soon.

Cultures at 200 King W is closing on August 28th and moving to Metro Hall food court.....the space they are leaving has been leased to http://www.zazaespressobar.com/ who are targetted to open in November.

I'm surprised that Cultures still exists and hasn't been replaced by one of MTY Group's hipper properties.

Oh, also the Burrito Boyz location on Adelaide has moved a few doors west. The original location is being taken over by Smoke's Poutinerie. They are opening a Burritoerie.

There are Teperman Wrecking signs on two sides of Diner/Club 120 (which appears to be operating) at Church and Richmond. Is it coming down? I don't recall any notices.

Scaddabush (small Italian food chain - Yonge & Gerrard, Richmond Hill, Square One), will be replacing the Lone Star in Simcoe Place.
Calling them a "small chain" is being a bit soft on them.....they currently have two locations (think Richmond Hill is still "coming soon")...sure......but they are part SirCorp and (from what I have heard) they are actually the direction that SirCorp is moving in the Italian segment of the market and you will see a lot less Fazooli's (the Scaddabush at SQ1 is a converted Fazooli's I believe) and a lot more Scaddabush.

Blaze Pizza from California coming to Yonge & Dundas and another location in Calgary...both opening later this year.

Does anyone know what the deal with Just Falafel near Bay/College is? I think it's been "temporarily closed" for the past couple of weeks!

Back