The annual BILD Awards have honoured the best of the best in new home construction in the Greater Toronto Area since 1980, and the celebration was back for their 39th year last Friday evening. This year's awards honoured excellence in a wide range of categories ranging from marketing campaigns and project logos to architectural categories for the best new building designs, while the prestigious 'Pinnacle Awards' recognized the best overall projects and builders of the year.
The Home Builder of the Year awards went to Great Gulf and Tridel, respectively taking home the Low-Rise and Mid/High-Rise categories. Tridel also took home the Green Builder of the Year, arguably making the veteran homebuilder the biggest winner of the evening. Some significant suburban high-rise developments also got the nod this year, with Rogers Real Estate Development Ltd. and Urban Capital Property Group's M3 Condos at M City in Mississauga taking home "Project of the Year, Mid/High-Rise," and Aoyuan International's M2M Condos in North York winning "People’s Choice Award."
Home Builder of the Year, Low-Rise
Home Builder of the Year, Mid/High-Rise
Green Builder of the Year
Best New Community, Planned/Under Development
• Argo Development Corporation, Branthaven Homes, DECO Communities, Greenpark Homes, and TACC Construction (Lakeview Community Partners Limited) - Lakeview Village - Gerrard Design, Glen Schnarr & Associates Inc., NAK Design Group
Best International Project of the Year
• South City Partners - Willis - L.A. Inc., Flash Productions, Intellimarketing
Project of the Year, Mid/High-Rise
Project of the Year, Low-Rise
People’s Choice Award
• Aoyuan International – M2M Condos - Baker Real Estate Incorporated, kg&a, U31
The Architectural/Design Awards category included 11 winners, with awards highlighting the best in everything from suite interiors and to architectural design. The biggest winners in this category were Graywood Developments and Alterra Group of Companies, who took home Best Mid-Rise Building Design for their Wonder Condos project, and Lanterra Developments, whose 50 Scollard project won Best High-Rise Building Design.
Best Suite Design
• Rosehaven Homes Limited - Odyssey Ripple - Kirkor Architects Planners, MadHouse Advertising Inc., Spectrum Realty Services Inc., Brokerage
Best Suite Design, Large
Best Innovative Suite Design
Best Model Suite
Best Mid-Rise Building Design (Pinnacle)
Best High-Rise Building Design (Pinnacle)
Best Single-Detached House Design
• Kingsmen Group Inc. - Havelock Corners, Spencer - Hunt Design Associates, MadHouse Advertising Inc.
Best Single-Detached House Design, Large
• Minto Communities - Glen Agar, Fitzgibbon - RN Design Ltd., Gabriel Advertising Ltd., Montana Steele Advertising
Best Semi-Detached/Townhouse Design
• Queenscorp Group - Elmwood
Best Innovative House Design
• Kingsmen Group Inc. - Havelock Corners, Windsor - Hunt Design Associates, MadHouse Advertising Inc.
Best Model House
• Ambria Homes - Riverbend Estates, The Windermere II "B" – RN Design Ltd.
Two other categories were featured at the BILD Awards, covering People & Sales as well as Marketing. For a full list of winners from those categories, please visit the BILD Awards page for this year.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section provided below.
* * *
UrbanToronto has a new way you can track projects through the planning process on a daily basis. Sign up for a free trial of our New Development Insider here.