York Harbour Club (Plazacorp) - Real Estate -

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Found some more info ~

View from Southeast
York-Harbour-Club.jpg

Whereas this is the view from northwest
Depiction from Plazacorp 's sales material.

YHC%20north%20end.png

Floor Plates below will give an idea how the 2 towers in this complex will configure, with the west tower being 15 storeys and the east tower being 17 storeys (ignore the numbering as it appears some changes have been made) connected through a podium link along the northern perimeter

YorkHarbourClub_fp.jpg

A 695 sf 1+1 podium unit (as thus, comes with a parking & a locker) is priced at $289,900. Only $417/sf! Is it possible?

I am looking at purchasing a condo very soon in this area, at 209 Fort York (Neptune bldg). How is transportation into the financial district, especially towards Bay/Dundas, Bay/King, Bay/Queen?

Also is pollution a real issue here, as it is placed between Billy Bishop and the Gardener Expressway?

Any other major issues?

The 509 bus (and eventually the streetcar when it gets back) goes to Union; there is also the 511 streetcar that goes up Bathurst and then you could transfer to any of the east/west streetcars.

It's a city. There is pollution. As for the airport, it's very handy to walk there. There is some noise when they do engine run-ups but you quickly get used to the regular airport noise of take offs and landings.

Traffic is an issue, especially during major events. Lots of road closures in the summer. It doesn't personally bother me -- the events are one of the reasons I moved to the area. If you don't drive, not so much of an issue :)

Lack of retail is the biggest issue -- the closest grocery stores are Liberty Village or City Place, and there are no restaurants beyond a Subway. There is a coffee shop opening soon. Closest convenience store is across at QQ and Bathurst.

Lots of dogs and a large off-leash area across at Coronation Park; June Callwood Park is being built and will probably become a doggie haven. Also lots of green space for dogs over at Fort York Common.

Any thoughts on waterpark city (209,215,219,231) Fort York? They don't seem to be as well built as the Plaza Corp buildings, but seem to offer decent value..

231 has a lot of social events so probably a good sense of community if you are into that. I haven't been past the lobbies of any of them so not sure about quality levels

"is pollution a real issue here, as it is placed between Billy Bishop and the Gardener Expressway? "
Absolutely. I used to live in Optima at Cityplace which isn't as close to the Gardiner as this building and the amount of soot that was all over my balcony, chairs, windows etc was disgusting!
Plus there's a constant hum from the traffic that persists 24hours a day. Some people don't mind, others do.

I'm currently living in an area in another city (Boston) that's right beside the Mass Pike downtown.

I'll never, ever--ever--live near a freeway again. But as Logan said, some don't mind.

I'm surprised it hasn't closed already. Plazacorp is usually faster than that

Traffic is an issue, especially during major events. Lots of road closures in the summer. It doesn't personally bother me -- the events are one of the reasons I moved to the area. If you don't drive, not so much of an issue :)

What kind of events are held in the area?

"is pollution a real issue here, as it is placed between Billy Bishop and the Gardener Expressway? "
Absolutely. I used to live in Optima at Cityplace which isn't as close to the Gardiner as this building and the amount of soot that was all over my balcony, chairs, windows etc was disgusting!

How did you clean the soot that was on your balcony? Do you notice an increase in indoor pollution from open windows?

During spring/early summer, roads in the area are closed most weekends for running events, large walks and so on. There are also concerts at Fort York throughout the summer, as well as at Ontario Place. There are regular events like the Boat Show at the Ex, and of course the Ex itself. The airshow and the Indy have a major impact on traffic as do TFC games. The list goes on.

During spring/early summer, roads in the area are closed most weekends for running events, large walks and so on. There are also concerts at Fort York throughout the summer, as well as at Ontario Place. There are regular events like the Boat Show at the Ex, and of course the Ex itself. The airshow and the Indy have a major impact on traffic as do TFC games. The list goes on.

How close is the Indy held from Fort York?
Are some people actually able to see it from their condo?

Back