Reaction score
http://www.yachtplus.co.uk/gallery.html

External3D_01.jpg

External3D_02.jpg

External3D_03.jpg

InteriorDownload1.jpg

InteriorDownload2.jpg

InteriorDownload3.jpg

A futuristic-looking yacht, but I don't see anything groundbreaking in naval architecture here.

However he might turn some heads if he started designing public transport vehicles... fast ferries, trains, even buses and subway trains.

Nice yacht. Speaking of nice yachts, there is a beauty docked down at harbourfront at the moment. About 198' worth.

I've always loved huge boats and its really neat to see what some boat builders are coming up with. I particularly love the new boats from Baglietto and Wallly.

There sure is some nice yachts down by the harbourfront. I got a pic of his nice yacht last summer.

Like the Barenaked Ladies said, "It's all been done".

Foster is just recycling a design that came out 3 years ago from some greek designer in a yacht called "RM Elegant".

RMElegant1.jpg

rm-elegant-yacht-main.jpg

I see many differences such as the windows and the front tip. Foster's design even lacks that open area in the front. Note the rear is also more pronounced on Foster's design.

Gabe, I believe that yacht is named "Sunrise". It's a 170 footer built by Oceanco and no, I don't know (or care) who the owner is, just as I don't know or care who owns this beauty that was apparently parked downtown recently.

Yeah, what was I thinking junctionist?!?!?!? They are completely different! :confused: (knocks junctionist's head) McFly?!?!?! McFly?!?!?! Maybe you haven't seen a lot of yachts in your life, but I have. Like thousands. So when I see a radically different, upside-down design like RM Elegant's basically duplicated, I notice. The only difference is that RM Elegant is about a hundred feet longer so Foster had to create a shorter, rounder version of the same yacht. Still care to get into a pissing contest over minor details? :rolleyes:

Gabe, I believe that yacht is named "Sunrise". It's a 170 footer built by Oceanco and no, I don't know (or care) who the owner is, just as I don't know or care who owns this beauty that was apparently parked downtown recently.

Yeah, what was I thinking junctionist?!?!?!? They are completely different! :confused: (knocks junctionist's head) McFly?!?!?! McFly?!?!?! Maybe you haven't seen a lot of yachts in your life, but I have. Like thousands. So when I see a radically different, upside-down design like RM Elegant's basically duplicated, I notice. The only difference is that RM Elegant is about a hundred feet longer so Foster had to create a shorter, rounder version of the same yacht. Still care to get into a pissing contest over minor details? :rolleyes:

You sound like you have an interest in yachts. Why don't you explain how this new yacht design is a ripping off that RM Elegant in more detail. They'd look different if they were the same size. Also, are the interiors similar?

as an ex-3rd mate, I can say the two designs are quite different, M/V Elegent has alot more room foreward in two decks, and the Foster design almost has no open space, also on the bow of foster and the elegent are very different as fosters bow has a flat spot at the apex, lifeboats on the Elegent are on the exterior, also the visable funnel on the Elegent, the Foster only has the S and X band radar visable whereas the Elegent has both both S and X plus a "tree" the only place where the two are vaugely simular are in the curved upper hull. simply put one is a liner yacht and one is a cruiser yacht, they are not simular.

I was in St. Jean Cap-Ferrat recently, and was just blown away by the British yachts there. Talk about excess.

There was one that could be rented for 696,000 Euro/week (1 million CDN).

I've always thought that long and sleek two or three masted luxury sailing boats are far more appealing that these condos on water
I agree, gimme a masted vessel over these creations.

^ yeah, I guess if you are a workoholic but i'd far rather take the convenience, ease and comfort of a motoryacht over a sailyacht any day.

If you guys can't see the similarity of those two yachts, starting with the mirror-hull design I can only suggest professional help. They are the only two mirror-hulled yachts i've ever seen, and yes Junctionist I have a keen interest in motoryachts and have had for many years. I wasn't taking about the interiors either, that's why I didn't post any interior pictures. I was talking strictly about the exterior design. I have no idea what the inside looks like and I don't care because I am quite certain I will never board it.

Back