X - The Condominium (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

are you serious ... no shelves ?!?!?
i guess you could go to ikea and see if theirs fit, or maybe home depot, lowe's, rona, etc.

I am quite serious. I'll have to measure and see if there are standard sizes. I was hoping someone already did the leg work.

Hi djjbtoronto!

I cant believe there are no shelves on the uppers!! Which unit do you have? Higher floor?
Are you able to post (or send) some pictures of your unit?

Yes, no shelves. On the lowers too Hehe... You have to decide if you need them. If you have tall decorative bottles, glasses etc they will not fit if you have a second shelf. I have glass shelves in the frosted glass cabinets 87x28 form Ikea two for $20. The actual size is 89x28, so i needed longer shelf supports :) .... Still thinking about the upper level, If I put shelves some of my pots will not fit ... The upper level size is 89x59,but one of them was only 78, measure twice ....

Last edited:
Change of topic but is anyone have a lot of issues with condensation in the windows??

I'm finding that I constantly have to wipe down the window edges to prevent water from dripping down in the into the hardwood.....

Anyone else have this problem?

Mno, not that much, I've seen a little in the corners, only behind the blinds. It's not that humid, do you have a lot of plants? Keep the range hood on while you cook.

Last edited:
No condensation at all in my unit. Seems like there may be a problem with the caulking job. Talk to Kevin on the 3rd floor, he should be able to point you in the right direction.

No condensation at all in my unit. Seems like there may be a problem with the caulking job. Talk to Kevin on the 3rd floor, he should be able to point you in the right direction.

what temperature do you guys keep unit @?

I brought it down from 21-22 to 19 and it seemed to help as well as pointing the vents towards the windows which helped.

Mike from GG left me a humidity meter and it is reads around 55% humidity +/-......not sure if that is normal.

My bedroom which is behind the balcony definitely doesn't have as much of an issue but the living room windows which are directly exposed to outside seem to have more condensation....not sure if this was just a product of the extreme cold the past few days....

what temperature do you guys keep unit @?

I brought it down from 21-22 to 19 and it seemed to help as well as pointing the vents towards the windows which helped.

Mike from GG left me a humidity meter and it is reads around 55% humidity +/-......not sure if that is normal.

My bedroom which is behind the balcony definitely doesn't have as much of an issue but the living room windows which are directly exposed to outside seem to have more condensation....not sure if this was just a product of the extreme cold the past few days....

Weird, I have never had that problem and my temp. is at 22.

I see a bit in the corners if the shower door is open while I shower, but that's it. It never drips...

condensation

I had a terrible experience with condensation in one of the condos which I lived in. I had to wipe all windows every morning and evening and it was really hard to control. Here are some of the tips I was given by the management office; it helped but only to a certain point.

-When you boil things like eggs or pasta try to put a lid on and make sure the hood fan is on, also keep it on for few minutes after you finish cooking
-When you shower make sure the vent is on and the door is closed
-Don’t take long hot baths
-Try to set the temperature in the unit as low as you can manage
-A dehumidifier might help. I didn’t try this one.

BTW, my unit was facing west, which I believe contributed to the problem because of the big difference between the temperature on the two sides of the window. Can you tell us which direction your unit faces, is it west?

BTW, my unit was facing west, which I believe contributed to the problem because of the big difference between the temperature on the two sides of the window. Can you tell us which direction your unit faces, is it west?

I don't think it's a West facing issue. I am in a West unit at X on an upper floor with mostly windows and I have never seen moisture on the windows when cooking, candles, baths, etc. I also keep my temp at 22-23.

Ok, another change of topic? Anyone who moved in a bit ago - how has GGH been with dealing with deficiencies? Floor scratches, cabinet scratches, missing shower glass etc etc. - any time frames?

We went for our PDI yesterday (by the way, Shael was great and gave us all the time we needed) and were given in writing that the deficiencies (floor scratches) will be fixed before our move-in date which is couple of weeks later.

We went for our PDI yesterday (by the way, Shael was great and gave us all the time we needed) and were given in writing that the deficiencies (floor scratches) will be fixed before our move-in date which is couple of weeks later.

Please post if your promises for floor fixes comes true!

Ok, another change of topic? Anyone who moved in a bit ago - how has GGH been with dealing with deficiencies? Floor scratches, cabinet scratches, missing shower glass etc etc. - any time frames?

To respond back to you.

In my experience, the response time has been phenominal, they respond first thing in the morning and often do a physical check of the defiency the same day. Depending on the deficiency, it has taken 1 day to a few months so far (and waiting) to actually fix some of the issues.

I wanted to check in with people here to see if they have condensation on your windows this week? It is extremely cold I know but I have ice built on on the edges of the windows....is that normal?

To respond back to you.

In my experience, the response time has been phenominal, they respond first thing in the morning and often do a physical check of the defiency the same day. Depending on the deficiency, it has taken 1 day to a few months so far (and waiting) to actually fix some of the issues.

I wanted to check in with people here to see if they have condensation on your windows this week? It is extremely cold I know but I have ice built on on the edges of the windows....is that normal?

Same here! GGH has been amazing with the fixes. As for the condensation, I have never had this issue. But maybe it's because I only keep my place at 22C.

Back