X - The Condominium (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

Got my final closing date today. So basically any of you who are moving in after December will take title right away.

I move in on the Monday and my closing date is Dec. 8th. Great Gulf is really amazing to have everything wrapped up so quickly.

Does anybody have an idea of the amount we will need at closing time ?
My lawyer scared me a bit at move-in time, he said we have alot of ajustments to watch out for in this agreement :) ...
Pls. post if you have any info ....

Does anybody have an idea of the amount we will need at closing time ?
My lawyer scared me a bit at move-in time, he said we have alot of ajustments to watch out for in this agreement :) ...
Pls. post if you have any info ....

I haven't heard from my lawyer what the final closing cost will be. I had everything (to the best of my knowledge) capped but I'm anticipating a 2-3% of the purchase price as an estimated number for the costs. Hopefully it is less.

So you are telling me that if someone purchased their condo for $800,000 that they will be paying out $16,000 - $24,000 in closing costs? Are you serious??

Re: Cobweb Lobby Chandeliers and Awful Art

The original illustration included in the X condo brochure shows light, airy and simple chandeliers thoughtfully considered in sense of scale to compliment the lobby and building design.

Installed this week are a disastrous redesign-- heavy, chunky and imposing, these chandeliers look like space-junk covered in cobwebs.

It’s difficult to comprehend why, after producing an exceptional looking building with an outstanding lobby, Great Gulf would choose such bizarre light fixtures.
Equally peculiar are the paintings installed on the lobby walls this week. Wow.... those are painfully awful.

I hope someone at Great Gulf takes a step back and reconsiders what these new additions are doing to a trophy of a building.

If not Great Gulf, then the Board of Directors of the condo when formed will no doubt have to take care of these errors.

Is Urban Toronto able to find out more about the reasoning behind these new additions?

How did it go?

Went great! So impressed with GG. Unit is great, a few issues but after a quick call 4 guys were walking around my unit and fixing it up already! Everything will be fixed by next week. The gym will be ready in about 3 weeks. I will post some pictures once I finish painting and unpacking :)

Weirdfished, did you have a hard time moving your furnitures from the move-in dock/area into the elevator since the elevator lobby is quite tight?

Installed this week are a disastrous redesign-- heavy, chunky and imposing, these chandeliers look like space-junk covered in cobwebs.

Equally peculiar are the paintings installed on the lobby walls this week. Wow.... those are painfully awful.

Ahahahh. so true !!!
I am all for getting rid of those trifty treasures !!! Even the frames made me shivvverrr ...

...these chandeliers look like space-junk covered in cobwebs...

I'm also puzzled because the original pictures showed them to be light and airy looking. Miss Haversham no doubt would prefer the dowdier ones.

Last edited:
Pictures of the lobby disaster

Here are some images in case you haven't had a chance to see the disaster for yourself:

Attachments

• x-lobby.jpg
    x-lobby.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 285
  • X lobby 2.jpg
    X lobby 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 274
  • x-condo-lobby.jpg
    x-condo-lobby.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 300
  • x lobby 3.jpg
    x lobby 3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 266
I like the chandeliers and feel they are in keeping with the intent of the rendering. The artwork isn't great but it's not hideous either. Very little corporate art is good in any way, shape or form.

Back