1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 729     0 

wonderboy905 to become wonderboy416...

W

wonderboy905

I know I haven't posted much on these forums lately (I"m sure there's plenty of new faces that don't even know who I am). I just wanted to announce that I'll soon be living downtown... for all of you who remember those long drawn-out anti-905 threads from way back in the day which basically consisted of the entire board attacking myself and futuremayor this might seem bittersweet... but really, it's not. Things haven't worked out in Milton and I'll be moving into a pretty sweet house smack downtown (south of front and princess street - I won't be too specific). Needless to say the Mill st brewery will soon be renting out a large keg or two...

It was tough to find a 3 bedroom house with 3 parking that wasn't a kings ransom but we managed to do so (thanks to street parking).

So yeah.. that's pretty much it.. I'm sure most of you will still think of me as some kind of suburban whore and futuremayor will see me as a traitor, but I'm 26, still young... time to experience the big city for every day life and not just weekend partying. It also helps that the Gardiner is right there 8)

I think some congratulations are in order!

Remember that many of us started out in the burbs and migrated downtown. You've done the same now.

Regarding the Mill Street Brewery, you may need to book more time at the gym...

Consider yourself luckier than those like myself... 905ers who became 416ers and unfortunately became 905ers again.

Anyway, many congrats! Guess we can claim another convert! Hope you do all you can to be a gentrifing force in that nabe!

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would love to hear about what was it about Milton that didn't turn out? Community? Built form? Or (my guess) sheer traffic?

god bless Toronto and its area code designations.

I think it's one of the most fascinating things to look at from afar - the attachment to your area code.

:)

Thanks guys...

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would love to hear about what was it about Milton that didn't turn out? Community? Built form? Or (my guess) sheer traffic?

Milton itself is a fine community, it's incredibly suburban but the new developments are much, MUCH better than the 70's and 80's inspired suburban building we see throughout much of Mississauga.

It was really matter of a relationship thing... That's what is driving me out, so along with 2 of my best friends we're going to be splitting the rent downtown while I take that year to save up and buy a condo in the city (my other friend is doing the same, the other friend already has a condo in city place, he's just going to rent it out). Location was a tough call, as much as we liked some of the places at College/Spadina, King West etc... we really couldn't get a place this big and nice with the parking and easy highway access (1 works in high park, I work in Etobicoke and the other guy works in Scarborough, being near the Gardiner is key) for so little anywhere else.

The neighbourhood seems pretty good... but we did only drive around (and judging by the cars parked on the street we can guess that it's mostly middle income living where we will be - a lot of BMW 3 series, Accords etc...). Anyone have any thoughts on the neighbourhood itself? Don't hold back I'd love to hear...

Don't go too wild. For instance, stay away from the opera house until you think you can handle it.

I live and work in the area. I think its a great area to live in. Say hello next time you pass me on the street. And to darkstar, rjr, AP and any others I've forgotten to mention.

Ha-Ha ...

nelson-800x600.gif

Congrats, good stuff.

Your Fellow Torontonian,

Jarrek

Chances are you'll become wonderboy647, though...

It was really matter of a relationship thing... That's what is driving me out, so along with 2 of my best friends we're going to be splitting the rent downtown while I take that year to save up and buy a condo in the city (my other friend is doing the same, the other friend already has a condo in city place, he's just going to rent it out).

Weren't you engaged? If so sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Welcome to the city.

Don't go too wild. For instance, stay away from the opera house until you think you can handle it.

That's rather east... and when I was a whimpy teenager I saw many, many bands there...

I live and work in the area. I think its a great area to live in. Say hello next time you pass me on the street. And to darkstar, rjr, AP and any others I've forgotten to mention.

If I actually recognize you guys then I sure will. I just need to find a local subway, I live off of that stuff these days...

Chances are you'll become wonderboy647, though...

I've had my #416 cell phone for a very long time, I was surprised it's still local for me to make and receive calls in Milton...

Weren't you engaged? If so sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Well I was in a serious relationship. Her dad bought this house in Milton as an investment then we were going to take it over. We've lived here a little less than 2 years. It just wasn't going to work out long-term here and we're going our own ways. We're both still young (she's 24...) so it's hardly the end of the world. In fact there's nothing to be sorry for, we'll be better off in the long run I'm sure. You only go down this mountain once in life so you gotta do what's best for you.

Congrats Wonderboy!

It's not so bad moving to downtown Toronto.

I'm moving to Melbourne, Australia.

Louroz

wonderboy: There is another opera house, up a bit and to the left from where you live. Maybe a chain operation?

FM: ?????:eek

Future Mayor: Are you serious? You're bailing out of Mississauga?

Wonder,

Indeed, welcome to the hood. You've picked a good area where things are constantly changing...and generally for the better. We should really do a St. Lawrence/Corktowners/Old
Towne forum meet sometime.

If I actually recognize you guys then I sure will. I just need to find a local subway, I live off of that stuff these days...
The only two I can think of off the top of my head are King St E & Sherbourne St and Victoria St & Richmond St E.

That's rather east... and when I was a whimpy teenager I saw many, many bands there...
I think Babel is either talking about the Four Season's Centre (the new national opera house in the west end) and/or the Esso Opera Centre (in your new hood). You are thinking of the "Opera House" concert venue in Riverdale which is still going strong.

Back