News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 408     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hi one eye,

I'm new to the condo purchase so I didnt ask any follow up questions as I was not informed but all he said was that they applied for it. I move in on March 22nd and I'm on the 3rd floor. I'm not sure how many people are moving in a day. I should have clarified, the screen door was ripped but I didnt notice until I actually went on the floor and looked from the outside. No, I didnt get a chance to see the balcony or party room.

What floor and when is your move in date?

Hey all

It might be good if someone called norstar and ask to make sure about registration, as it's important and a big money saver especially for the ones on the first few floors and ask when do they think it will be finalized bc until then u pay rent from the day you move in until the registration is complete

Hi one eye,

Mine has been pushed forward by 2 weeks. =(. I hope they dont change my move in date.

Well today I got a letter from norstar aka delay ,my pdi has been pushed back from mid feb to mid march,I'm not surprised thou,anyone else get a letter about your pdi delay? And what floor? Mine was 5th floor

No problem! I think it's good to share information with my future neighbours here. As soon as I hear something from Norstar I will let you know.

Nothing about the breakfast bar was written on my PDI form. That form is only for the main structural integrity of the unit. My breakfast bar situation will not collapse the condo building on my head. However, Tony and Ron both noted that it was odd and they told me that they would bring it up to Norstar. That was 3 weeks ago now and I have still heard nothing from them.

Thanks for the info bloomingsmurf! It definately looked off to me and I will be sure to put it down on my 30 day form and have them fix it. I'm also extremely interested how Norstar handles your situation, hopefully they do the right thing and fix it. I appreciate you sharing what you hear from them. Do you recall what Tony said when you raised the issue? was it writted down on your pdi form?

No problem! I think it's good to share information with my future neighbours here. As soon as I hear something from Norstar I will let you know.

Nothing about the breakfast bar was written on my PDI form. That form is only for the main structural integrity of the unit. My breakfast bar situation will not collapse the condo building on my head. However, Tony and Ron both noted that it was odd and they told me that they would bring it up to Norstar. That was 3 weeks ago now and I have still heard nothing from them.

Thanks bloomingsmurf, I agree that it is important to share information. This site and everyone on here have been extremely helpful especially for new buyers like myself. Thank you in advance for keeping me posted with your breakfast bar situation!

Some photos

Hi All,

Just wanted to share some pictures from our recent PDI, and a few from the model suite (mirror images of the actual to reflect our own unit's configuration).

Note the hallway picture was of the 2nd floor.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Resize of Rotation of DSC01182.JPG
    Resize of Rotation of DSC01182.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Resize of DSC01163.JPG
    Resize of DSC01163.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Resize of DSC00599.JPG
    Resize of DSC00599.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Resize of Rotation of Rotation of DSC01168.JPG
    Resize of Rotation of Rotation of DSC01168.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 237
  • Resize of DSC01162.JPG
    Resize of DSC01162.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Resize of DSC01155.JPG
    Resize of DSC01155.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Resize of Rotation of DSC01181.JPG
    Resize of Rotation of DSC01181.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Resize of Rotation of DSC01143.JPG
    Resize of Rotation of DSC01143.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Resize of Rotation of DSC01170.JPG
    Resize of Rotation of DSC01170.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Resize of DSC01153.JPG
    Resize of DSC01153.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Resize of Rotation of DSC01165.JPG
    Resize of Rotation of DSC01165.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Resize of Rotation of DSC01183.JPG
    Resize of Rotation of DSC01183.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Has anyone else gotten a letter from Jessica recently? It was a pretty vague letter asking for additional proof of funding for upgrades and 12 cheques that go to our lawyers. There was also a form from a hydro company that I've never heard from before. If anyone else has received the same letter and knows the answers to the following questions, please let me know:

1. I was instructed to respond to the letter by February 14th but the letter wasn't very specific. Does hydro need to be set up by then? Do I need to send proof to Norstar of that? Do we have to go with their hydro company? I'd personally rather not.
2. How are the amounts calculated for the "rent" we have to pay to the builder? When are the cheques cashed (i.e. beginning, middle or end of the month)? I'm not really comfortable with the idea of providing my lawyer with blank cheques when I haven't been given more detail about what they are paying for and how it was determined. I just don't have that open of a relationship with Norstar. LOL!

Has anyone else gotten a letter from Jessica recently? It was a pretty vague letter asking for additional proof of funding for upgrades and 12 cheques that go to our lawyers. There was also a form from a hydro company that I've never heard from before. If anyone else has received the same letter and knows the answers to the following questions, please let me know:

1. I was instructed to respond to the letter by February 14th but the letter wasn't very specific. Does hydro need to be set up by then? Do I need to send proof to Norstar of that? Do we have to go with their hydro company? I'd personally rather not.
2. How are the amounts calculated for the "rent" we have to pay to the builder? When are the cheques cashed (i.e. beginning, middle or end of the month)? I'm not really comfortable with the idea of providing my lawyer with blank cheques when I haven't been given more detail about what they are paying for and how it was determined. I just don't have that open of a relationship with Norstar. LOL!

Hi bloomingsmurf,

I got the same letter from Jessica with the same deadline. I had the same questions you did, I researched enercare and they were enbridge electrical connections and their rates are competitive to toronto hydro. I'm unsure if we HAVE to sign with them. I'm going to send these papers to my lawyer who I believe already received something from Norstar and ask him about it. Rent is normal, talk to your laywer they should have recieved something form Norstar regarding this as I believe you give the cheques to your lawyer and your lawyer also needs to finalize papers.
thats all i know right now.

Hi bloomingsmurf,

I received the same letter as you and xponis a couple of weeks ago:

a) I signed the energy connections form and returned it by email. I received a reply, with a note explaining that I now have an account number with them, and that hydro will kick in as of my occupancy date. My interpretation was that energy connections was selected by the builder as the electricity supplier, so I didn't really think twice about whether I had a second option or not. Maybe that was a mistake on my part.

b) You may need to ask your bank for a letter to provide proof that you have the funds necessary to cover the outstanding balance that did NOT cover your down payment and your mortgage pre-approval amount.

c) I spoke to my lawyer and he told me he received a letter from Norstar, but has not received the specifics on the occupancy fee yet. He'll have this info available to me this week. The occupancy fee is calculated based on:
- the estimated maintenance fee for your unit
- the estimated property tax amount
- the mortgage payment that would approximate what you will pay once you take ownership of your unit. The rent is likely going to be a bit higher though, because it only takes into account your initial down payment. The interest rate is based on what Norstar negotiated with its bank, so hopefully they got a decent rate.

I believe the post-dated cheques are dated for the first of the month. However, the first cheque amount will be pro-rated, if your occupancy date is after the first of the month. We provide 12 of these cheques to our lawyers; Norstar will return to you the uncashed cheques once you take title of your unit.

Needless to say, we're all hoping for the building to register as quickly as possible, especially those who will have occupied their units the earliest.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Nels,

I called Jessica this morning and she confirmed a lot of what you are saying. The only additional information that she gave me was that we have to sign up with Enercare at least until the building is registered. Thanks for your help!

Hi bloomingsmurf,

I received the same letter as you and xponis a couple of weeks ago:

a) I signed the energy connections form and returned it by email. I received a reply, with a note explaining that I now have an account number with them, and that hydro will kick in as of my occupancy date. My interpretation was that energy connections was selected by the builder as the electricity supplier, so I didn't really think twice about whether I had a second option or not. Maybe that was a mistake on my part.

b) You may need to ask your bank for a letter to provide proof that you have the funds necessary to cover the outstanding balance that did NOT cover your down payment and your mortgage pre-approval amount.

c) I spoke to my lawyer and he told me he received a letter from Norstar, but has not received the specifics on the occupancy fee yet. He'll have this info available to me this week. The occupancy fee is calculated based on:
- the estimated maintenance fee for your unit
- the estimated property tax amount
- the mortgage payment that would approximate what you will pay once you take ownership of your unit. The rent is likely going to be a bit higher though, because it only takes into account your initial down payment. The interest rate is based on what Norstar negotiated with its bank, so hopefully they got a decent rate.

I believe the post-dated cheques are dated for the first of the month. However, the first cheque amount will be pro-rated, if your occupancy date is after the first of the month. We provide 12 of these cheques to our lawyers; Norstar will return to you the uncashed cheques once you take title of your unit.

Needless to say, we're all hoping for the building to register as quickly as possible, especially those who will have occupied their units the earliest.

I hope this helps.

Hi Nelson,

Awesome pics. Thanks!

Hi All,

Just wanted to share some pictures from our recent PDI, and a few from the model suite (mirror images of the actual to reflect our own unit's configuration).

Note the hallway picture was of the 2nd floor.

Cheers!

Thanks Nels,

I called Jessica this morning and she confirmed a lot of what you are saying. The only additional information that she gave me was that we have to sign up with Enercare at least until the building is registered. Thanks for your help!

Hey all

Has anyone sent these papers we got yet? And nels did you scan and send by email? Also what did you mean need a letter from the bank? I have paid the deposits that I have been ask and paid for upgrade on the day we picked them, the rest is mortage from the bank,what else is there?

Hey all again lol

For everyone who thinks there moving in before apr 1 they may want to check that as the website says ppl move in apr 1. Delay ????

It just refers to your mortgage pre-approval letter if it has expired. If it's still valid then don't worry about it.

Hey all

Has anyone sent these papers we got yet? And nels did you scan and send by email? Also what did you mean need a letter from the bank? I have paid the deposits that I have been ask and paid for upgrade on the day we picked them, the rest is mortage from the bank,what else is there?

Back