News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 551     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Might wanna check to see if you have insulation on the exterior walls of this building. Saw an audit done on another Norstar Development and it was missing insulation, plus you can practically hear a pin drop in the unit next door.

AWWW!!!..lol...no need to be soo harsh....That's okay, I'm sure I will like it when it's complete. I have to, so may as well get into the mindset now. Thanks for a good laugh though.

It could be worse? Anyone get a call to furnish the condo?

Went to visit on Saturday. Windows upto the 4th floor are done. It doesnt look that bad...THANK GOD. I think it will look fine when its all done. Michaels office has the interior selections and they are not bad either. So people you dont have to go anywhere far to make the choices, they have it right at the site. There are a number of options as well..and they upgrades look nice too. Those who are going to pick interiors - which floor are u on and wats ur move in date? I have some pics...will try to post them. Oh by the way...if u go on a working day they can give u a tour of the inside now since the cranes have been moved.

New to Web Site - own a unit on 3rd floor

Greetings, everyone.

It's nice to meet folks who have bought a unit on the Wilshire.

My wife and I selected our upgrades this past Saturday (11th). The whole process took about 45 minutes (we were booked for 1 hour). My wife is an interior designer, hence she was a bit more picky with her colour selections.

One you get there, you'll see a wall with various sets of colour combinations - if you decide that one colour from the set is not to your liking, you can switch to a different colour (e.g., for the laminate floor). This will cost $100 for a single switch. We ended up switching 3 other times for other things.

We also went for an extension to the cabinets above the fridge (so that they are easier to reach), and also a microwave shelf above the range. When you make an appointment Karen from Norstar will ask you to bring your cheque book, as they will not release the list of the upgrades that you've decided on until you've paid for them up front (!).

I hope this helps. By the way, I got a chance to speak to Michael for a couple of minutes, and I found out that he'll be on holidays for 2 weeks, beginning today.

Cheers, everyone.

Thanks for the updates...it is very helpful. Attached are some of the latest pics of the bldg. Those of you who have chosen ur interiors...when is your move-in date?

Attachments

• 09042010812.jpg
    09042010812.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 09042010813.jpg
    09042010813.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 342
  • 09042010814.jpg
    09042010814.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 363
Thanks for the updates...it is very helpful. Attached are some of the latest pics of the bldg. Those of you who have chosen ur interiors...when is your move-in date?

Hi,
We've been given first week of Feb, and our unit is on the 3rd floor.
Michael mentioned that they're on schedule - otherwise, we would see workers outside on weekends. We'll see...

Nice pictures - I've taken some as well, but of the opposite side, since our unit's balcony faces the community centre.

Thanks for the reply Nels_TO. Michael did tell us the same thing about them being on schedule. Did you see ur home from the inside? Does it look spacious? Michael is gonna be back on the 27th so Im hoping to see the inside of the bldg at the end of this month.

Thanks for the reply Nels_TO. Michael did tell us the same thing about them being on schedule. Did you see ur home from the inside? Does it look spacious? Michael is gonna be back on the 27th so Im hoping to see the inside of the bldg at the end of this month.

No, we weren't offered a chance to see the unit when we were there last Saturday. What floor & model did you get? It'd be great if you could take a few pics and share them. Is your occupancy date earlier or later than Feb?

Yah sure....i'll try to take some pics and post them if I can. I have been given mid jan for occupancy.

Last edited:
Finishing sample Pics and Building Pics from Sep 11th 2010

Here are some pictures taken on September 11th - I hope this will help some of you who haven't had a chance to choose your finishings

Attachments

• DSC00744.JPG
    DSC00744.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00746.JPG
    DSC00746.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC00750.JPG
    DSC00750.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC00747.JPG
    DSC00747.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC00756.JPG
    DSC00756.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC00745.JPG
    DSC00745.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC00749.JPG
    DSC00749.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC00754.JPG
    DSC00754.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC00743.JPG
    DSC00743.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC00757.JPG
    DSC00757.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC00748.JPG
    DSC00748.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 359
got my coupons for the appliances in the mail yesterday....we have to go look at them and place an order for them ourselves as per the letter. If u need upgrades you have to speak with the dealer.

Last edited:
FYI - if ur gonna see Michael to view the bldg from inside please make sure u wear closed shoes...(running shoes) or they wont let u inside and you can visit only if u get there before 4 - 4.30...no guarantee that they will take u in..if the engineer is not around they might not...but if ur passing by its worth a shot.

How much (if you don't mind me asking) did you get charged for installation of your appliance?..I feel ripped off...they charged me $355 to install the dishwashing machine, washer and dryer....I thought the builder was responsible for doing all that, as other condos do.

Hi,

I havent gone to see the appliances yet. i was pretty shocked to see ur message today. I called my real estate agent and have asked my lawyer to lookup the agreement to see if it is mentioned in the agreement. I just hope its not mentioned in there. I really hope we dont have to pay for this. Check with ur lawyer as well. I'll keep u guys posted.

Back