News   May 03, 2024
 621     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 406     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 215     0 

Will Ignatieff Defeat the Government Today?

Will Michael Ignatieff defeat the government over the budget?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kudos to Ignatieff, by the way. I think he has handled the situation intelligently and will likely come out of this stronger to fight another day, when circumstances warrant. It is nice to see some calm political leadership, and it makes such a change from all the amateur histrionic politicking we've seen from Harper and the Layton/Dion cabal over the past few months!

It's all political games. Ignantieff is doing it to. Nobody actually cares about us, or the economy, outside of how it will affect the polls (yes, I realize I'm being naive).

Igantieff tabled the "report" amendment so he can give himself fixed optional election dates. Does anything think he'll actually decide whether or not to attempt to bring down the government based on anything out of these reports? Of course not. He'll make his decision based on party finances and poll numbers.

Ugh.

It's all political games. Ignantieff is doing it to. Nobody actually cares about us, or the economy, outside of how it will affect the polls (yes, I realize I'm being naive).

Igantieff tabled the "report" amendment so he can give himself fixed optional election dates. Does anything think he'll actually decide whether or not to attempt to bring down the government based on anything out of these reports? Of course not. He'll make his decision based on party finances and poll numbers.

Ugh.

to fight a man who has been playing political games for over 5 years, you have to play the same game yourself.

Dion did not and he got smacked around by everyone including the NDP.

How else do you think Chretien stayed in so easily. He was the grand master of the game of Politics (he was around in politics for over 25 years before he became PM), which is nothing no one has in Ottawa now.

There is no big guy who has the respect or power to just take full control. That is the reason for this mess. Its a tug of a war and it will not end till someone gets a majority.

You know why Harper wanted a majority so badly? I think you can figure that out...

I predict a big decline in NDP support and I think Tory support will not go over 37% or so for a long time now considering how some hardcore reform types are pissed. Liberals will hover around 30% and should at least go back to 95-100 seats at least.

Dion did not and he got smacked around by everyone including the NDP.
Dion did do that, and nobody took him seriously. Anybody who actually watched him in question period would see he was every bit as petty and partisan as Peter Van Loan.

It does not matter what he actually did compared to what people think he did to regular people...

He looked like a clueless man who being bullied by Layton and Harper during the election.

He started playing those games, and then it looked like a real feeble attempt at power.

That is what many people saw during the election.
Imo looking back at the 2008 election, I think Harper should have shot himself in disgrace by not being able to win a majority in that situation.
If things were the other way around, would things be sooo different...

Yes, on election night the entire country outside of parts of Quebec and a few cities would have turned blue.

At the Calgary Conservative Party HQ all the participants would have been Sieg Heiling every time another seat is called for them.

Yes, on election night the entire country outside of parts of Quebec and a few cities would have turned blue.

At the Calgary Conservative Party HQ all the participants would have been Sieg Heiling every time another seat is called for them.

Is that really appropriate (other than for kindergarden).

Harper has a remarkable ability to drop the ball. He's too ideological. I think you need principles, but a little heart and soul too to be successful in politics.

Back