News   Apr 26, 2024
 163     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 164     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 596     0 

Why to support the Liberal Party

And I believe that those that sanction such killing are utterly evil, and will spend an ertenity burning in hell.

there is no such thing as hell, dear. when you die you die. Nobody goes to hell or heaven no matter what you do when alive.
I don't simply believe killers should be executed. I believe killers should be executed in exactly the same way he killed his victim.

Okay then. Since kkgg7 sanctioned the Yonge & Gould arson, I sanction his incineration in a "suspicious" fire at his premises.

I believe killers should be executed in exactly the same way he killed his victim.
Do you not even see for a second why this is such a bad idea?

Why are you so willing to let so many innocent people die in your thirst for revenge than doing what's best for society?

Do you not even see for a second why this is such a bad idea?

Why are you so willing to let so many innocent people die in your thirst for revenge than doing what's best for society?

Why are you calling killers “innocent people"? I don't understand.
It is not revenge. It is just punishment for what they have done. What's the best for society? To get killers off the streets forever.

Okay then. Since kkgg7 sanctioned the Yonge & Gould arson, I sanction his incineration in a "suspicious" fire at his premises.

get over it already. If that building were not burned down, its remains would still be standing at that corner as of today, and nothing would have been done to it, other than preventing the site from being useful.

You can curse me whatever you want, as long as it gives you satisfaction. I am still happy that building is gone now and can't wait to see a modern building be constructed.

It is not revenge. It is just punishment for what they have done. What's the best for society? To get killers off the streets forever.

Justin Trudeau would disagree.

I'm referring to all those that we've executed or put on death row in the past, who turned out not to be guilty. It's awfully hard to overturn a sentence when you've already murdered the defendant. I'm not sure why you say you don't understand ... it's hardly a new argument. Are you trolling us by feigning ignorance?

What's the best for society? To get killers off the streets forever.
I'd sooner get those who think they have the right to terminate other people's lives off the street forever.

I'm referring to all those that we've executed or put on death row in the past, who turned out not to be guilty. It's awfully hard to overturn a sentence when you've already murdered the defendant. I'm not sure why you say you don't understand ... it's hardly a new argument. Are you trolling us by feigning ignorance?

I'd sooner get those who think they have the right to terminate other people's lives off the street forever.

Forensic science has come a long way since capital punishment was eliminated in Canada. Would you support capital punishment of someone such as Paul Bernardo, who without a shadow of a doubt is guilty?

get over it already. If that building were not burned down, its remains would still be standing at that corner as of today, and nothing would have been done to it, other than preventing the site from being useful.

You can curse me whatever you want, as long as it gives you satisfaction. I am still happy that building is gone now and can't wait to see a modern building be constructed.

I'm not getting over it, because it isn't just a matter of sanctioning its removal. It's a matter of sanctioning its arson--you know, whoever burnt it down should win a prize, etc.

And to be honest, if anyone deserves maximum punishment, it's somebody who sanctions or sponsors arson.

Oh well: it's an Internet message board. All sorts of vile psychopaths lurk here...

Maximum punishment for arson?

"All sorts of vile psychopaths lurk here" You got that right.

Forensic science has come a long way since capital punishment was eliminated in Canada. Would you support capital punishment of someone such as Paul Bernardo, who without a shadow of a doubt is guilty?

Capital punishment is completely barbaric, no more justifiable than chopping off a thief's hand. We've evolved beyond Hammurabi. Personally, I would not want to have the state (whose democratic legitimacy flows through all of us) killing anyone. That's blood on my hands as a citizen and taxpayer.

Rationally, there is no pressing reason for us to bring back the death penalty. The science is out there: it is not a deterent, it doesn't help with plea bargaining, it can end up costing more than imprisoning a convict for life, etc.

Further, I believe that there is some Supreme Court ruling out there somewhere (I believe in relation to our policy on extraditing criminals to jurisdictions that continue to execute prisoners) that ruled capital punishment unconstitutional (Parliament already having abolished it domestically before this ruling). Would it be worth breaking the seal off that can of worms just to maybe execute maybe one criminal maybe once a decade?

And as for modern forensic science, it's hardly infallible nor as black-and-white as it looks on TV. Remember Dr. Charles Randal Smith?

There's 3 or 4 perhaps that I wouldn't really lose sleep over.

But it never ends there. And forensic science? Give me a break. How many have we wrongly imprisoned for murder because of "forensic science"?

Besides, even shit like Bernado is going to spend billions of years of not existing, just like the rest of us. Why bring that any sooner? I'd much prefer that he be tortured for the next 60 years than dead.

Fair enough; though I don't see how torturing Bernardo is a sign of our 'evolvement?' How is torturing him ok but not execution? I would like to see Bernardo put to death via lethal injection, as well as the Shafia case bastards, but I don't think torture is necessary.

Back