News   Apr 24, 2024
 42     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.8K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 578     0 

Why is the 403/QEW interchange not a full Interchange?

Ha! To get from the 401 to QEW/Gardiner on this route?

Not a chance. Not worth the 407 camera charge fees for such a short distance. I'd rather take the 427.

Even with a transponder you still pay fee, even if you just use a short stretch.

But hey, if you want to use this route when the ramps are complete, by all means do. Maybe less traffic on the 427 as a result.

Even with a transponder you still pay fee, even if you just use a short stretch.

But hey, if you want to use this route when the ramps are complete, by all means do. Maybe less traffic on the 427 as a result.
It's a buck instead of $5.20 though. That trip in the evening rush hour would go from $11.24 to $7.04.

This was not funded? The city needs this so bad.
The whole 403 needs to be widen 100% years ago, let alone a full interchange

The late Ward 1 councilor was going to pushed to have the Queensway extended all the way to the 403 going through the mayor backyard. The late mayor said not extending the Queensway in the 70's was one of her great error and needs to happen.

Certainly agree with your comment on widening the 403, even if they just did the short stretch (northbound) connecting the third lane that disappears as you near Dundas with the Dundas off ramp that begins not so many meters later. Somewhere I also thought I had seen a report on the expansion of this section of the 403 (through to the 407) and then the building of the long delayed ramps leading to the eastbound QEW and from the westbound QEW, and a date that was years off in the distance, but no luck finding it this morning.

Southbound on the 403 leading to westbound QEW is another matter. Congestion caused by volumes merging with the westbound QEW.

Not sure what extending the Queensway does for Mississauga, or how you would route it? You might as well try and build the Richview Expressway. .

Certainly agree with your comment on widening the 403, even if they just did the short stretch (northbound) connecting the third lane that disappears as you near Dundas with the Dundas off ramp that begins not so many meters later. Somewhere I also thought I had seen a report on the expansion of this section of the 403 (through to the 407) and then the building of the long delayed ramps leading to the eastbound QEW and from the westbound QEW, and a date that was years off in the distance, but no luck finding it this morning.

Southbound on the 403 leading to westbound QEW is another matter. Congestion caused by volumes merging with the westbound QEW.

Not sure what extending the Queensway does for Mississauga, or how you would route it? You might as well try and build the Richview Expressway. .

Doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult. You just need to cross the Credit and connect to Blythe Road, and then build an intersection with Mississauga Road, and connect to Lincoln Green Way, and then realign it at the Fowler Dr intersection, and then fill in the gap between the portions of Sheridan Park Drive. And then rename it all to Queensway (although they'd probably just keep all the different names along it, knowing Mississauga).

Doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult. You just need to cross the Credit and connect to Blythe Road, and then build an intersection with Mississauga Road, and connect to Lincoln Green Way, and then realign it at the Fowler Dr intersection, and then fill in the gap between the portions of Sheridan Park Drive. And then rename it all to Queensway (although they'd probably just keep all the different names along it, knowing Mississauga).
All four lanes, plus the median, p0us bike lanes, plus transit lanes……I can hear the howling now (or on the flip side thinking about my expropriation number, and air rights over the golf courses…..) Lovely.

The Queensway through Mississauga hardly needs transit lanes. And new roads in general don't have them anyways.

On a side note, one thing I find strange is the way Upper Middle Road does that weird snakehead curve that hugs Winston Churchill (where the Queensway extension would've tied into). You'd think they would've redesigned that to run as a gradual course adjustment when the area became developed

Last edited:
The Queensway through Mississauga hardly needs transit lanes. And new roads in general don't have them anyways.

On a side note, one thing I find strange is the way Upper Middle Road does that weird snakehead curve that hugs Winston Churchill (where the Queensway extension would've tied into). You'd think they would've redesigned that to run as a gradual course adjustment when the area became developed

I think an extended Queensway would more logically link up with Plymouth Drive than Upper Middle Road. Sheridan Park and Plymouth actually meet at Winston Churchill already.

Plymouth Drive and Sheridan Park aren't arterial roads unlike Upper Middle. Queensway actually was a part of Upper Middle, just offset.

Back