News   Mar 28, 2024
 87     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 225     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Whole Foods

The poppy tradition is virtually non-existent in the US and everything down there seems to be a 'cause'.

I agree that it was astonishingly tone-deaf, but I'm not sure legislative action is the best response (although, as mentioned, great politics). I recall past years have seen Tim Horton's and Burger King and perhaps others committing that same corporate - or at least franchise-level - 'hari kari' which were quickly reversed. The government should simply condemn and let the marketplace mete out the punishment.

It seems every now and again some corporate weenie pushes their self-destruct button just to see what happens.

Approved south of the border I assume without checking with an actual Canadian.

Last I checked, Whole Foods in Ontario is run out of Chicago (Mid-West region); Whole Foods in BC is run out of Washington State.

This is likely a national U.S. policy, and with their being no 'Canadian Region' there wasn't anyone at the table to say....."uhhh.....but"

Yup:

1604705344260.png

From: https://medium.com/@podfoodsco/what-you-need-to-know-before-pitching-to-whole-foods-18b57882b489

The chain here was much better before Chicago noticed it had stores here.

It only noticed when the profit made at Yorkville and Oakville was.........helpful in the light of the financial crisis.

Until then, those 2 stores had largely done their own thing.

Sadly, the chain here is now a shadow of its former self.

PS, I'm amused that Alberta has a spot on their map; there are no stores there.

They were going to add them, but then nixed them when oil crashed.

Last edited:

Back