News   Jul 22, 2024
 408     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 579     0 

who is the builder of the condo that recently had its pipes burst

not everything , but the major things like building structure, pipes and anything else that can cause incredible damage

I disagree. the building at Yonge and Gould had a renovation just weeks before the wall collapsed. Who inspected it? Why didn't they catch the structural deficiencies?
Did they actually inspect the pipes in the building where they burst? Can you back yourself up, or do you just blindly believe everything the city says?

I disagree. the building at Yonge and Gould had a renovation just weeks before the wall collapsed. Who inspected it? Why didn't they catch the structural deficiencies?
Did they actually inspect the pipes in the building where they burst? Can you back yourself up, or do you just blindly believe everything the city says?

What pipes burst here? What renovation to the building are you talking about?

I never read anything about pipes bursting there. Wasn't it a sign that had been put up prior to the collapse that was suspected of causing the failing wall to collapse?

I never read anything about pipes bursting there.

I never said anything about pipes bursting in the building at Yonge and Gould. I was referring to the building in the title of this thread.

Wasn't it a sign that had been put up prior to the collapse that was suspected of causing the failing wall to collapse?

What sign? What was put up? The building at Yonge and Gould had a renovation, just prior to the wall collapsing.

What sign? What was put up? The building at Yonge and Gould had a renovation, just prior to the wall collapsing.

The restaurant on the corner (not Salad King) put up a new sign a few days before the wall collappsed. In the exact same spot the wall collapsed.

...and the restaurant on the second floor did a renovation and removed the brick ties, just before the wall collapsed.

...and the restaurant on the second floor did a renovation and removed the brick ties, just before the wall collapsed.

Honestly, where did you get this info. from? I never heard or read anything about a restaurant on the second floor or anything about removing brick ties and I followed this story pretty closely.

I never heard or read anything about a restaurant on the second floor or anything about removing brick ties and I followed this story pretty closely.

Maybe you haven't followed it closely enough.

Maybe you haven't followed it closely enough.

So I ask again, what are you referencing to support your claims? What restaurant was being renovated for use on the second floor?

Doug , it rarely happens. And also the building your talking about was built how far back? The building regulations have changed a bit since then

The reason for the thread was to talk about the builder/company who screwed up building a relatively new condo building and how it happened. Imo i doubt it was the architecture firms fault as much as the construction company

If i'm wrong and it was the architectures fault i'd like someone to explain how

not everything , but the major things like building structure, pipes and anything else that can cause incredible damage
I called the city to ask about some inspection stuff for a reno. After answering my questions the person told me also that the framing had all just been passed. I found that rather curious, considering it hadn't even been completed yet.

Back