News   Jul 05, 2024
 212     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 666     10 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 402     0 

Where would you place a 'L-shaped' sofa?

Where would you place a 'L-shaped' sofa?

• RED

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • GREEN

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

onfence

Member Bio
Reaction score
If you had this layout, where would you place a L-shaped sofa:

1. RED, because then more people can view outside of the window; or
2. GREEN, because it creates a more open space with the rest of the room to the left.

If you have other reasons, I'd like to know. Thx.

NB: pls vote in the poll above.

EDIT: gray oval is where the sliding doors are located.

Attachments

• sofa layout.JPG
    sofa layout.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
I'd go with the green option 1) so that you don't get as much sunlight in your sight-lines when watching TV (if you watch it by day) and 2) I prefer an open concept living area as it appears more spacious and is easier to navigate.

for some reason, i'm not seeing any attachments to posts recently !?!

is there a setting that i have to change ?

Is the TV already mounted? Why not put the sofa against the wall where the TV is and put the TV on a stand where you have the sofa?

Is the TV already mounted? Why not put the sofa against the wall where the TV is and put the TV on a stand where you have the sofa?

TV's non-existent right now lol. I'm planning to hang it on that wall because the partitiion between the living room and bedroom opens up, so that I will be able to see the TV from the bedroom. If I put the TV where the sofa would be, then I'll need another TV for the bedroom.

I am going with the Red option since the view out the window should be the main focal point and not the interior of the apartment also arranging the sofa this way allows you to define the spaces better. If you go with the green option the sofa will have to be up against the window blocking the door to the balcony and the focal point will be the interior (which I'm guessing is the kitchen)

I am going with the Red option since the view out the window should be the main focal point and not the interior of the apartment also arranging the sofa this way allows you to define the spaces better. If you go with the green option the sofa will have to be up against the window blocking the door to the balcony and the focal point will be the interior (which I'm guessing is the kitchen)

Hmm, I originally leaned towards GREEN but I'm starting to lean towards RED because I agree that it defines the space better and because my common living space is kinda big enough, so I'm not too concerned about the open area. Also agree about not blocking the sliding door, making it harder to access. Good points, Peepers!

Any more opinions from others?

Thanks for this thread, because I'm going through the exact same thing! My plan is to do the red because, as mentioned it defines the space. Also prevents interference with the sliding doors.

Also the part of the "L" that sticks out(vertical) on my sofa will be a chaise lounge chair. So if I have people over in my small appartment, its great, because a couple of people can sit on the right edge of the chaise facing the window, talking to the people sitting on the rest of the sofa. A couple of others can sit on the left edge of the chaise and talk to the people who are standing up in the rest of the living room and also yell at me to fix more drinks while I'm watching the oven in the open kitchen! That's my thought process. Pros, Cons?

PS: My willingness to be swayed by either of the orientations will play a factor in me selecting a sofa with a chaise that can be switched with being right or left oriented.

^You're welcome! My vertical part is also the chaise as well. There are some sofas that have an ottoman which is flush w/ the sofa, so it can be moved to either side and act as a chaise, if flexibility is what you like. I'm going w/ a regular chaise myself though.

Green, then have a nice side table behind the couch with some picture frames/candles/whatnot on it.

Back