News   May 03, 2024
 278     0 

Where do you bank?

Which bank do you use most often?

• Bank of Montreal (BMO)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank)

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Toronto Dominion (TD)

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • other Canadian bank

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • other foreign bank

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Although I don't bank with TD, I did work for them about a hundred years ago. I was very impressed that one of the first things they taught me at head office was that a good teller never pays for their own lunch but should stiff the customer for services charges and then pocket the proceeds. Indeed, it was standard practice. When TD took over Canada Trust, I closed my accounts immediately and went elsewhere.

And who doesnt love the TD commercials with the two old guys complaining about how easy modern banking is?

*puts hand up* Sorry, but Statler and Waldorf drive me nuts! I'm with RBC--I'll take Postman Pat with a bowler over those two cranks any day.

The reason TD has such a huge presence is that they used to be two separate banks. Merging alone must have almost doubled TD's reach.

Although I don't bank with TD, I did work for them about a hundred years ago. I was very impressed that one of the first things they taught me at head office was that a good teller never pays for their own lunch but should stiff the customer for services charges and then pocket the proceeds. Indeed, it was standard practice. When TD took over Canada Trust, I closed my accounts immediately and went elsewhere.

Yikes, I'm afraid to ask why you no longer work there.

TD has by far the largest retail branch and ABM network in the GTA, the longest operating hours, consistently wins the most awards for customer service and satisfaction and has the most ambitious retail growth plan of any financial institution in the city.

Scotiabank (because they basically own Ottawa) and RBC because their branch is in front of my house.

I can see myself consolidating into TD down the road (when my career gets started).

In Spain - Santander! (switching to Caja Madrid very soon, I'm very disappointed with Santander right now).

Back