News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 535     0 

When Gas Stations Were Truly Urban

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a gas station explosion in Toronto, or at least in Ontario, over the past decade or two. There've certainly been gas explosions (like the fatal one near Six Points a few years ago)...

I am sure I recall a gas station similar to that one in HK here in Toronto...at least in the early 80s

Streetside gas sations are common in Paris.

11725108_91dc706dc0.jpg

265567116_9bb5bb92e2.jpg

But of course we all know that France is a laissez-faire third-world hellhole with no safety regulations.

don't our modern gas stations have some sort of fuel spillage recovery system with the on site sewers?

a roadside pump would mean broader contamination since there is no on site containment.

theres a gas station off the 400 near i barrie i believe which is somewhat like that, except it only has a mcdonald's ontop not a whole cluster of buildings

^ I think you're referring to the one on southbound 400 at Hwy. 89. The McDonalds building has two levels, but the gas pumps are separate from the building.

(BTW if you ever want to see a real-life mob scene, try this place on a Sunday night in the summer, as the traffic returns from cottage country!!)

no, it's on the southside of barrie, going northbound and there is a mcdonalds on top of a gas station

Back