News   Jul 25, 2024
 292     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 389     0 

What's up at Panache?

takefive

Member Bio
Reaction score
I count ten units listed on mls.ca for this brand new building on Eglinton west of Mt Pleasant. Some at what appear to be bargain prices for the area, two 974 sq ft units @ $372,900 a piece. Just some investors getting out or is their something more here, I wonder?

I guess the building just registered and investors are trying to 'flip' their units? ... nothing particularly impressive about Conservatory Group's products in general, but am not aware of any new building proposals that would create problems for Panache owners

Here's Panache:

panache.jpg

I've watched this building go up for the past four years and it took forever to complete. It's actually still not complete, the construction/sales office is still on site and no retail has moved into the base. I'd be interested in seeing interior photos.

My favourite part is how they extended the stucco or whatever the hell that is finish to the three-storey building on the west side and covered some of the brick. It looks like shit.

83 Redpath might block some of the views to the south.

I'm not sure about that sign atop the little building on the left. It looks like a chipmunk giving the finger.

blah for the building design .... but after all it is Conservatory Group, what more can I say?

if I remember that sign correctly ... that may be the Telus mink

studentplans_header_bg.jpg

It is a Telus sign,hope its not blocking the view of the lower floors.The overall design look some what cheap doesnt it?..nothing really stands out.

I love the neighbouring 1950's (and older) apartment buildings; often wonder if that's where I'll move next in Toronto--it's pretty vibrant up there, and the Y/Eglinton Centre Mall is one of Toronto's best kept secrets.

Why buy a condo at Y+E when you can rent a bigger apartment for less money?

"but after all it is Conservatory Group,"

I don't think it's Conservatory. I had a look about five years ago during the pre-build and it was a group called Stanford Homes I believe. I couldn't find any info on them so I gave it a pass guessing it was their first outing.

Oooo right takefive ... I was confused

the billboard sign doesn't block any windows because no windows face the west at the southwest corner of the building, its all green spandrel panels there

in all fairness, although Panache looks pretty bad in the photo above looking from the direct south head on ... the building does look better if seen from an angle when the terracing on the north side of
the building is included in the view ... I'll try to get a photo to show this in the future

Here are a couple old photos I took back in winter that show different angles.

IMG_1060.jpg

That strip mall on Mt. Pleasant hurts my eyes.

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Bought a Panache unit in 2003. Waited 5 long years to get into my place. By now I was i a different situation...new girl and a baby on the way. My 605 sq.ft place wasn't gonna cut it. The units themselves are pretty well constructed and the area is amazing. The only thing bad I can say is that the ammenities are taking a long time, no pool and no gym as of yet. People in the building in general are very nice. The 3 units on my floor (all sold within 2 weeks) were sold because of family obligations and one of the bigger units because the girl that bought moved to San Fran. Needless to say I am very happy with my investment, made a cool 100k in 5 years and bought a new (bigger 2 bdrm) condo on the Etobicoke waterfront. Buyers of condos in the city should be prepared to face the fact that their situation could change over time and what they once thought was suitable at pre-construct may not be that way by the time their homes are actually built and ready to move in to!

Back