News   Jul 25, 2024
 546     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 606     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 475     0 

What's the weather in March supposed to be like?

As for March weather, it will be cloudy with a chance of snowstorms, highs fluctuating from -7 to +7. :p

Why is km/hr a stupid measurement? That is how the entire world measures speed of most moving objects. That or m/s. How else would you do it in metric?
You miss my point; in the past people have said that km/L is a poor measurement for fuel consumption, because the scale isn't linear ... hence leading to the better, but completely unintuitive and unpopular L/100 km.

For travelling, km/hr is equally as poor as km/L, and very misleading. For example if you increase velocity of a transit vehcile from 20 km/hr to 30 km/hr, it looks like a 50% increase ... however the saving in time is only 33%. A better value for comparision is travel time, not velocity.

I'm not advocating a change there, just pointing out the similiarity ... and problems with using L/100 km.

But somehow we've gone off topic. And how is the weather at this time of year? So crappy that we have nothing better to do than argue the merits of a measurement system many of us haven't used in over a third of a century!

So it was an evil plot by that Trudeau guy......This is not an issue for anyone under 40, and really is not an issue for anyone over.
Not a plot, evil or otherwise. And I agree it's no longer much of an issue.

Everywhere on the planet, outside of this continent, you will probably get your answer in metric.
Mexico is metric.

To be fair the UK still uses Imperial at least as much if not more than we do. Watch an episode of Top Gear and you'll see.

To be fair the UK still uses Imperial at least as much if not more than we do. Watch an episode of Top Gear and you'll see.
Road signs in the UK are still in miles ... however they are a bit further ahead than us in retail ... it's unusual to see so many of the odd metric sizes ... such as 3.78 L containers.

Everyone: March weather can be like this: "In like a lion and out like a lamb" being the old saying. In many Northeastern US areas February 2010 has been a particularly angry "lion" to many!
LI MIKE

Today's 14-day trend forecasts lots of 1 and 2-degree days, and a few days next week at 6*C ... :)
Hope that spring is coming!

Back