News   Apr 25, 2024
 213     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

And the plot thickens...

OTTAWA—A Conservative MP from Calgary has fired a summer student working in his office following allegations that someone stole campaign data from party leadership contender Erin O’Toole.

Greg McLean — one of dozens of MPs who have endorsed O’Toole — made the announcement in a terse statement Tuesday morning.

“Upon learning of a breach of trust involving a summer student in my office, I immediately took action and the individual was terminated,” McLean said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-of-data-theft-from-erin-otoole-campaign.html

Well, maybe the Conservatives can stop being a regional party and remember that they are a national party again, and pivot accordingly.

Or they can double down and give Trudeau an easy third term.

This is going well...

NEW: Federal @CPC_HQ leadership hopeful @DerekSloanCPC fundraising email blasts @OntLiberal @KateMarieGraham for saying "that having more women in elected politics 'leads to better decisions.' She's wrong."

A column outlining former PM Brian Mulroney's vision for where Canada needs to go post-Covid.

While I find several things I disagree with in the the column and/or those that need critical detail in order to be evaluated; I find his over all tenor refreshing as compared with those in the current Federal Conservative Party and many of their provincial counterparts.

From the article that I liked:

Loudly calling for empowerment of First Nations including recommendations from the Erasmus-Dussault Royal Commission (1996). The 440 recommendations from that Commission "called for “restorative justice by which we mean the obligation to relinquish control of that which has been unjustly appropriated: the authority of Aboriginal nations to govern their own affairs; control of lands and resources essential to the livelihood of families and communities; and jurisdiction over education, child welfare and community services.”

Virtually none were ever adopted.

Also, he calls for Basic Income.

and

Takes a pro-immigration stand with a goal of doubling Canada's population to 75M.

On the downside he calls for a Free Trade of the Americas plan which is really just a way to let business move to jurisdictions that offer no worker or environmental protections. They're doing that on their own and hardly need help.

Likewise there is pablum about tax credits for productivity improvements for business as if the government hasn't handed out billions to little effect other than depriving the treasury of needed funds.

Last edited:
Something on Twitter to do with a well known (former) Conservative cabinet minister made me laugh:

Post 1)

1593723010211.png

To Which I respond

Post 2)
1593723062569.png

What Amused Me is that minutes after I posted this, I got this notification:

1593723110515.png

Last edited:

Back