News   Apr 26, 2024
 158     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 364     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 528     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

BUMP:

Yikes! We have a wingnut!

The most disturbing thing to me is actually the mis-statement/ignorance about a 'cure' or treatments which is just plain wrong.

She's not inaccurate that more people are still dying from cancer that's true; but not, unto itself a justification for reopening the economy.

You can say true things and then draw completely erroneous conclusions.

The double-whammy here is that she starts by saying things that are demonstrably untrue; then offers a mix of things that are and aren't, then draws a conclusion based on erroneous evidence which is in-turn problematic to put it charitably.

Stuff like this drives me nuts; because I think there is an intelligent conversation to be had about what markers we will use for reopening the economy, at what pace, and subject to what conditions.

But you can't have that intelligent conversation when you start with falsehoods and idiocy.

Hint to Conservatives: If you wish to thoughtfully advocate for improved public policy, do not do your research by watching Fox News.

Last edited:
Given that the current provincial health minister didn't seem to know that you can test positive for COVID but be asymptomatic, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that. ^^^

Reactions: DSC
She's not inaccurate that more people are still dying from cancer that's true; but not, unto itself a justification for reopening the economy.
Apparently not true when you compare time periods, at least in the US.
1587131999216.png
1587131999216.png

Andrew Scheer refuses to comment on a Conservative leadership candidate’s accusation that chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam is promoting "misinformation." “Does she work for Canada or for China?” MP Derek Sloan asked in a video online.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...a&utm_campaign=&utm_campaign_id=&utm_content=
Hardly a good way to show how inclusive you are. Though it really should not matter, Dr Tam is of Asian origin but grew up in UK and here in Canada . According to Wiki Tam was born in British Hong Kong and grew up in the United Kingdom.[She obtained her medical degree at the University of Nottingham, residency at the University of Alberta, and fellowship at University of British Columbia. I guess for some Tories you simply can't ever REALLY be Canadian unless your ancestors have lived here for generations (and probably not even be First Nations either!) Sounds like a good way to attract voters!

Hardly a good way to show how inclusive you are. Though it really should not matter, Dr Tam is of Asian origin but grew up in UK and here in Canada . According to Wiki Tam was born in British Hong Kong and grew up in the United Kingdom.[She obtained her medical degree at the University of Nottingham, residency at the University of Alberta, and fellowship at University of British Columbia. I guess for some Tories you simply can't ever REALLY be Canadian unless your ancestors have lived here for generations (and probably not even be First Nations either!) Sounds like a good way to attract voters!
The Tories apparently love to invoke the No true Canadian fallacy, and yet, they post "True Canadian" stuff on American social media websites on their Chinese-made electronic devices with South Asian customer service while drinking Latin American coffee or Chinese tea in their Chinese-made mug and wearing clothes made in Honduras and Costa Rica and shoes made in Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, or Indonesia.

Who's the true Canadian?

Last edited:
Reactions: DSC

And? Anyone can be a Chinese spy. Doesn't matter where they were born and grew up.

Nice logic though.

Back