News   Aug 16, 2024
 965     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 578     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 506     0 

what side of your brain do you use?

She goes both ways

Some folks have picked up on it... it's a trick, she changes direction.

Look at the animation again. The foot that is "in the air" is never lower than the one that is "on the ground". Now look at my attached images, both captured when she was facing "away"... I did no manipulation.

Here's a question everyone can answer... "Which foot does she have up, the left or the right?"

Attachments

• spinning.JPG
    spinning.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 158
Some folks have picked up on it... it's a trick, she changes direction.

Look at the animation again. The foot that is "in the air" is never lower than the one that is "on the ground". Now look at my attached images, both captured when she was facing "away"... I did no manipulation.

Here's a question everyone can answer... "Which foot does she have up, the left or the right?"

i just saw it, somewhere between frame 8-13 something happens to the hips.

i should have looked at it closer and slower the first time in GIF edit.

When she's going clockwise she has her right foot up, and when she's going anti-clockwise she has her left foot up.

It would be nice if she did a Beilman spin and showed us what she's really made of.

If it's a trick, how is it that I am able now to interpret her movement, for any given rotation, as going in whichever direction I decide? That is, I can continuously interpret her as moving clockwise, or I can continuously interpret her as moving anti-clockwise, or I can alternate in whatever pattern I want. This suggests that it is a genuine optical illusion, and not a mere "trick".

P.S. If you want to "change directions" stare at her knees as they cross in the rotation. That's a good time to make the mental switch.

Ahh, nice find CDL.TO. I knew something was up but i can't look at the individual frames at work (can't install anything that isn't company legal) and I'll admit by the time i got home, i would be too lazy to look at it them (rather hassle kids when they come trick-or-treating).

It's be interesting to have the wireframe for the model to decide which is the real one though or if the girl has 2 thunbs and the feet are the same on both sides.

For the record, thanks to CDL.TO I can now easily see both

If it's a trick, how is it that I am able now to interpret her movement, for any given rotation, as going in whichever direction I decide? That is, I can continuously interpret her as moving clockwise, or I can continuously interpret her as moving anti-clockwise, or I can alternate in whatever pattern I want. This suggests that it is a genuine optical illusion, and not a mere "trick".

P.S. If you want to "change directions" stare at her knees as they cross in the rotation. That's a good time to make the mental switch.

Well optical illusions are tricks arn't they (in a general sense of the word)?

"Which foot does she have up in the air, the left or the right?"

It changes, depending on which direction one perceives her to be rotating. But that does not imply that the actual animation changes.

By my senses of the terms in the context of this discussion, a trick would be a two-part animated loop, during the first part which the animated girl is turning in one direction, and during the second part of which the girl is turning in the other direction.

A genuine illusion would be an animated loop in which the rotation depicted is visually ambiguous at all times. That is, at any given point one can percieve the girl to be turning either way. And indeed that is just how this loop is. It doesn't need to be at a particular stage in the cycle for you to percieve it as, for example, clockwise.

The loop is thus just a more sophisticated version of those famous "static" visual illusions, like the duck / rabbit one, or the vase / old lady.

Check this out:

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/shortsharpscience/2007/10/bring-on-dancing-girl.html

I think we all can agree that she must be either really cold or really hot as her nipples are quite erect. :p

look at the image i attached of frame 8.

which leg is closer to you, a or b? you can't tell.

Attachments

• spinning_woman_frame_0008.jpg
    spinning_woman_frame_0008.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 148
Whoever came up with it, it's quite the clever image-meme. Women want to B her, men want to [another letter of the alphabet] her. She enters our hearts, minds, and collective masturbatory Roladex.

Back