News   Jul 22, 2024
 721     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.9K     0 

what is torontocondoforum?

cdr108

Member Bio
Reaction score
hey all ... i recently came across torontocondoforum and noticed that alot of our topics and comments were posted there.

what i found odd and disturbing, are comments made by me here are posted there verbatim under another username and the same for other members from UT by different names.

i understand that some people could be on multiple forums with various IDs, but i haven't signed up.

there's also alot of 'condo guide' adverticles posted there.
is this a legitimate forum, or some sort of advertising gimmick for 'condo guide'?

hey all ... i recently came across torontocondoforum and noticed that alot of our topics and comments were posted there.

what i found odd and disturbing, are comments made by me here are posted there verbatim under another username and the same for other members from UT by different names.

i understand that some people could be on multiple forums with various IDs, but i haven't signed up.

is this a legitimate forum, or some sort of advertising gimmick for 'condo guide'?

I'm guessing it is a front for somebody selling something. Poor ethics if that is the case. You should sign up and expose them as fraudsters.

At least it implies your comments have good effect - I would be "happy" if someone mimic my voice :rolleyes:

This site (Urban Toronto) does really well coming up in Google search results because there are so many posts on so many topics, but all within a certain theme. My guess is that someone has stripped the content from here in order to rise up in the Google search ranks so they can show how good their results are - to sell ads to condo/real estate people.

Since it's basically scooping content in order to profit from it, I have a suspicion that those that run UT are not exactly thrilled with this.

It's a real estate web site - i think one of the guys who ran it tried to join the Facebook Group for Liberty Village Towers but was given the heave ho.

It's a real estate web site - i think one of the guys who ran it tried to join the Facebook Group for Liberty Village Towers but was given the heave ho.

fyi ... you're quoted/impersonated there since i'm assuming that you did not join, but i can't recall the various usernames they used for you.

examples:

"Why buy pre-construction condos at inflated price?" is a copy of UT's
http://www.torontocondoforum.com/showthread.php?t=448

and so is "we got a bubble"
http://www.torontocondoforum.com/showthread.php?t=313

Last edited:
Dubious... Any copyright issues with this? The site is trying to pass off "content" from UT as it's own in an attempt to drive traffic to it's site?

It is funny.

They have a thread dedicated to "One Bloor" by Bazis... D'uh....

If anyone is pissed about having their content stolen and misused.... here is what I was able to find out about the owner / site: (source)
MountWealth Inc
34 Thoroughbred way (or Crst)
Toronto, Ontario L6C 0B6
Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc.
Domain Name: TORONTOCONDOFORUM.COM
Created on: 07-Oct-09
Expires on: 07-Oct-10
Email: mawei78@yahoo.com
Contact #: +1.9053646039

Last edited:
i guess they're thinking they can make a decent revenue...i've tried to run other forums before but never succeeded due to the lack of scripting skills and effort :D

Keep up the good work mods!

Many of the posts are by "Condo Guide Toronto". Perhaps it's being run by the magazine (or at least an employee)?

Back