News   Jul 23, 2024
 540     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.5K     3 

What are you drinking right now?

Jonny5

Member Bio
Reaction score
As an alcchol enthusiast, I would love to know what wines, beers or interesting cocktails everyone may be having.
Share with us your favourite craft beer, LCBO/Vintages find or just let us know you're chugging a Bud Light Lime, no rules, pretention or judgement!

I drove through Oakville yesterday and stopped at Trafalgar Brewery. I got a case of their Port Side Amber and am enjoying it now while firing up the BBQ. They also have a series of Strong (high alcohol) beers which I am eager to try. If we burn through this, there is a bottle of Spanish wine called Muga somewhere in the basement. It is kind of my go to flavourful red wine.

So what are you drinking?

Last edited:
St. Peter's Ale... love that stuff! A lot of LCBO's carry it, but not all. When you do find it, its worth a try :)

I cannot stand the taste/smell of beer. I've yet to find one that I can tolerate. I've heard white beers tend to be best for those with my problem but i still haven't given them a shot.

Only freaks enjoy the taste of beer when they first start drinking it. The key is to just power through and keep drinking until it tastes good.

Mill Street Organic is my summer beer of choice.

antifreeze.gif

On the wine side:

Its summer sippers time, so most of the full-flavoured reds racked till after Labour Day or at least an unseasonably cool summer day.

In that spirit, I've found two VQA wines that I quite like for the summer patio; al fresco dining on the balcony.....

Vineland Estates Unoaked Chardonnay - very refreshing, not that buttery tastes I dislike in some warm climate Chards, much more minerally and peachy

Tawse - Sketches - Rose, a nice balance between the fruity, almost candy-like cheapy Roses that most of us start on; and a more sophisticated drier Red. Just a hint of off-dry with forward raspberry.

On the beer side:

A cool pint of Creemore Springs Lager - Tap only please!

Not a big cocktail person; but nothing beats a good Long Island Iced Tea (Gin, Tequila, Cointreau, Rum, sour mix, and a splash of coke)..........(over ice)

"Not a big cocktail person; but nothing beats a good Long Island Iced Tea (Gin, Tequila, Cointreau, Rum, sour mix, and a splash of coke)..........(over ice)"

NL: I had to say something being a native Long Islander: If that is how Long Island is known elsewhere in North America for the invention of the LI Ice Tea that's a good thing...
As for having a non-alcoholic drink: I love most any kind of tea and I could go for some strong lightly sweetened iced Green Tea right now...or anytime for that matter!
Long Island Mike

Last edited:
I'll drink what you are drinking if you are buying.

Chang Beer (6.4%). Wine is just to dam expensive and I don't have a wine fridge here anyways - red served at room temp of 27 just is not the best anyways :p

A few expat bars serve Beer Lao Dark - which is pretty good.... but it is still a rare occasion I have that.

If I have it, I will drink Balvenie Port Wood (all gone now) - usually bought at the Singapore Airport where it is actually close to being affordable.

Last edited:
Bombay Sapphire with tonic & a slice of lime is my all time favourite. What is summer without a G & T.
As for beer, it has to be Carlsberg. Tiger beer is the next alternative. For something darker, I'll have to go with Kilkenny.
I much prefer white to red esp on summer days. I love Chardonay, almost from any winery. Inneskillin (spelling check pls) has nice Chard. Naked Grapes is quite nice too. I'm gonna open up a Wydman Estate Chard tonight, will let you know how that goes.

I found an unopened bottle of Ontario Sherry, in an LCBO paper bag, sitting next to me on the seat in Riverdale Park last week when I was waiting for the 504 southbound. As sherry goes it doesn't, but it'll do for cooking.

Back