News   Apr 25, 2024
 361     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

Westside Gallery Lofts

Looking to purchase an assignment in this building. Paying 440-450 per sqft. Maybe more if its the 'right' unit.

Hi dmose,

Wondering if you have proceeded to polish your concrete floor. If so, how much was it because I am thinking of doing that to my walls/floors. I am at 18th floor.

Thanks.

Hi,

Has anybody on this forum done anything about their "bleeding" "hole-ridden" "stained" "ghastly" concrete walls, other than cover them with drywall? Is there a way to make the walls look somewhat acceptable to maintain the "industrial loft" styling of this building, which includes the removal of the drip marks coming from the ceiling (hence, it looking like it's bleeding ...)

I had them grind down the dividers where they poured the concrete walls and then I am going to paint them. I patched up some of the BIG holes and hopefully with the paint, I can still maintain the concrete feel to the unit. I asked one of the contractors and he suggested to have the walls painted with low gloss sealant. That way you can protect the concrete, reduce dust from flying around the unit and have a nice glossy look on the wall. I did that for the ceiling so I don't have the phobia of cement dust adding into my food as I eat them :)

hope that helps.

I had them grind down the dividers where they poured the concrete walls and then I am going to paint them. I patched up some of the BIG holes and hopefully with the paint, I can still maintain the concrete feel to the unit. I asked one of the contractors and he suggested to have the walls painted with low gloss sealant. That way you can protect the concrete, reduce dust from flying around the unit and have a nice glossy look on the wall. I did that for the ceiling so I don't have the phobia of cement dust adding into my food as I eat them :)

hope that helps.

Thanks jellyfish! Would you also be able to share what that kind of work cost? Also, another question open to the floor, is anybody running into problems with the management making recommendations against doing renovations? I booked the service elevator for tomorrow, and when asking about what kind of underpad I should use for my laminate, they warned against doing any work until the building registered, since it's not technically "mine" yet... does this make sense? Has anybody else encountered this problem? Joey, the guy who did my PDI said that the building should be registered by May, but that's completely dependent on how long it takes the city to approve it, however that's too long for me to wait ...

Hi dmose,

Wondering if you have proceeded to polish your concrete floor. If so, how much was it because I am thinking of doing that to my walls/floors. I am at 18th floor.

Thanks.

I did and they look incredible... I will post pics soon, anyone that wants them done can contact me my friend is a contractor.

Thanks jellyfish! Would you also be able to share what that kind of work cost? Also, another question open to the floor, is anybody running into problems with the management making recommendations against doing renovations? I booked the service elevator for tomorrow, and when asking about what kind of underpad I should use for my laminate, they warned against doing any work until the building registered, since it's not technically "mine" yet... does this make sense? Has anybody else encountered this problem? Joey, the guy who did my PDI said that the building should be registered by May, but that's completely dependent on how long it takes the city to approve it, however that's too long for me to wait ...

I wouldn't worry about it..just make sure you have insurance. If shit hits the fan sue them for shitty craftsmanship, we all have various issues with our units all it takes is for a handful of us to get together to make noise if they give us problems and they will back down.

As promised...pictures of the polished / epoxy floor

http://imgur.com/a/7aorc

7iyBW.jpg

1E4nx.jpg

V7loX.jpg

My best friend is a contractor did them for me..cost me about 2.5k for the entire unit (minus bathroom) ..670 sq foot unit

How are the residence finding this condo? I've seen and heard so much about this project mostly negative. Are people satisfies with the overall final product?

Back