News   Apr 17, 2024
 451     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 297     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

Am looking to rent a one bedroom. I guess as alot of people take possession they may want to rent. I did visit the building and found the gym usable, too bad its not going to open soon. What about the tennis courts and all other amenities, do you think I will be renting in a building that will take more than 3 months to have the amenities available.

Had my PDI today, and have made arrangements to have polish and stain before I move in. PDI was not as bad as I had feared. It went quite well, actually. A few nicks and scrapes, but nothing bad. Well, the bathroom door doesn't open all the way because of something called a tub. Also, I'm not sure that I had upgraded to stainless steel fridge. How much extra was that?

Will show pics once it's done!

I am a bit disappointed about Abell Street not being extended til The Edge is finished, so likely two or three years. Also, about amenities not being ready until March or so, but what can you do?

pics from my pdi

This is a 2 bdrm, 2 washroom unit facing East.
I did very little upgrades. Without me telling you waht I'm happy or unhappy about (to avoid swaying any opinions), I'm wondering what your opinions are of this unit.

So...what say you?
btw, I KNEW it was going to be a 'loft' type condo with concrete floors (I didn't want them to polish or put anything on them so I can (or whoever buys it from me can) finish to our personal taste - I also knew there would be concrete walls, exposed plumbing, etc.

Thanks for any replies or opinions!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56825745@N04/?saved=1

I hope that flickr stuffs works out for me - first time I used it.

I did very little upgrades. Without me telling you waht I'm happy or unhappy about (to avoid swaying any opinions), I'm wondering what your opinions are of this unit.

So...what say you?
btw, I KNEW it was going to be a 'loft' type condo with concrete floors (I didn't want them to polish or put anything on them so I can (or whoever buys it from me can) finish to our personal taste - I also knew there would be concrete walls, exposed plumbing, etc.

looks good!

So...what say you?

looks pretty good, whats the sq footage of your place?

It's 800 sq.ft. I 'think' its the 2nd largest unit in the bulding...not sure if that's a good thing for resale value or not..for this particular type of building.

A family member has the same suite. She put white epoxy on the floor and smoothed some of the creases out of the walls. Results were terrific. I find the unit a bit dark but with some track/cable lighting running from the light fixture in the kitchen this can be easily corrected. I generally liked the layout and was impressed what a small amount of money (on the floors and walls) can accomplish. She is now looking at putting an island in the kitchen to serve as additional counter space (lacking) and dining. Other than the bareness of the original concrete walls and floors, there were no major issues re the finishing of the unit.

A family member has the same suite. She put white epoxy on the floor and smoothed some of the creases out of the walls. Results were terrific. I find the unit a bit dark but with some track/cable lighting running from the light fixture in the kitchen this can be easily corrected. I generally liked the layout and was impressed what a small amount of money (on the floors and walls) can accomplish. She is now looking at putting an island in the kitchen to serve as additional counter space (lacking) and dining. Other than the bareness of the original concrete walls and floors, there were no major issues re the finishing of the unit.

Thanks for the feedback.
I like the kitchen island idea for more counter space and possibly a breakfast bar overhang on one side for seats or stools. Lighting will be upgraded no doubt. The flooring may be a combination of polished and some laminate..not sure yet.Again, thanks for the input.
I may end-up selling the unit, so I may just leave it as is and the new owner can do whatever they want.
Maybe there's a buyer out there? I think that's a different forum altogether...oops.

Anyone in one of the units that faces the rooftop mechanical equipment? Looking at renting a unit on the 6th floor with a terrace that looks like it is probably located right next to that equipment. I won't be seeing the unit for a few days so am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a wall/barrier blocking the view of the unsightly equipment and, if noise/vibration from the mechanicals is an issue.

Thanks,
Taylor

Any chance you can post the contractor that did the job? I'm looking to polish and/or epoxy as well

hi guys, sounds like some of you might be somewhere near as frustrated as i am with the vendor of westside gallery lofts. i did my pdi (predelivery inspection) recently and... big surprise the lofts looks nothing at all like the model suite at their old sales office and these guys have cut more corners than I could have imagined possible. in my opinion, there are excellent grounds for legal action (as it has already been made clear to me that westside gallery lofts inc. will not be addressing my most major concerns with the unit). any other prospective owners caring to share some lawyer costs and take legal action with me? let me know - hoping your experience with these builders has made you less jaded than me

also - anyone who has had their floors polished - would you recommend the company you used?

Whats the latest here. Why did the thread die down...lets get more vocal about things!!

PDI's ..how did they go?
Overall building layout... other tennants..?
Elevators? any good?
MORE PICTURES of your renovations, finish choices..views!!

Hey Guys,

Here are some photos of my unit. PDI is in 2 weeks, so we shall see how it looks once completed

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So those are my befores and here are my afters. All the work that was done was not done by the builder. Floors, under counter lighting, paint etc.

Still more to go. will post when done.

Last edited:

Back