News   Mar 28, 2024
 622     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 904     0 

Weird floor plans…

neuhaus

Member Bio
Reaction score
It has been a while since there has been any activity in this forum sub-category, so lets get it going again.
Post here if you seen any really weird, what-were-they-thinking floor plans.

I’ll start here with something I recently spotted:
IMG_2608.jpeg

This condo is in Scarborough (the slogan is pretty funny).
I’m baffled why they labelled that room a den when it clearly should be a living room. The den is the largest and nicest room of this unit.
The living/dining room is a tiny dark 8-foot room when it should be a dining room (or a den, but who wants a den facing a kitchen?) and furniture layout makes little sense.

if I were to redesign this plan, I would flip the bedroom with the living/dining room creating an in-board bedroom (I think this is fine for a unit of this size) and have the typical glass sliding doors that opens up at the corner. This will create a more practical, spacious and bright combined living/dining/kitchen that allows for more flexibility.

This is a topic of great interest to me. Most recently, I saw this from the upcoming 316 Junction condos:

1682881101388.png

The primary bedroom not having any windows while the second (practically unusable, at just over 6' width) bedroom has all the windows is a bit of a weird choice. I'm also not so sure about the kitchen island being perpendicular to the sink area. I guess this is what happens when you try to cram 2 bed 2 bath into ~650 sqft, but still. Functionally, it's pretty bad.

This is a topic of great interest to me. Most recently, I saw this from the upcoming 316 Junction condos:

View attachment 473188

The primary bedroom not having any windows while the second (practically unusable, at just over 6' width) bedroom has all the windows is a bit of a weird choice. I'm also not so sure about the kitchen island being perpendicular to the sink area. I guess this is what happens when you try to cram 2 bed 2 bath into ~650 sqft, but still. Functionally, it's pretty bad.
Ooof, that island. Also that bedroom closet is way too small, and storage for this unit is pretty lacking overall. Also, are there 2 back to back fancoil units in this layout? I wonder why this is necessary in such a small space, and why they're beside each other?

That is a unit for very skinny people with excellent dexterity. There is so much that is wrong here!
For that size it really should be a 1-bedroom/1-bath unit.
I don’t think that’s a kitchen island but a dining table, but still, the table is less than 2 feet wide, not very practical and only has a foot of space for someone to stand at the sink. The chairs are shown pushed against the table meaning it only has less a foot of depth (must be a kid’s sized dining set?).
The second bedroom is not even a legal bedroom due to being 6-feet wide at the widest point and surrounded by windows (it’s almost the same size as the main bath!). There is not much room on the one side of the bed which makes getting in and out and making the bed a big headache. The primary bedroom also has barely a foot of space at the end to walk around, not to mention a sliding door on the side of the wall which will slide with you as you shimmy and brush against it.
I agree having two fan coil units is excessive for a unit of this size not to mention taking up valuable floor area.

i was checking out their website and there are some really bad floor plans there with thoughtless furniture layouts that’s akin to a rooming house, with a combination of wasted and disfunctional tight spaces. The design team should be ashamed!

IMG_2609.jpeg

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Back