News   Apr 26, 2024
 136     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 156     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 583     0 

Spaces (former WE Charity HQs, 345 Queen St E, TriAxis, 3s, Kohn Partnership)

Great photos, I reposted one with some historical shots at http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/miscellany-toronto-photographs-then-and-now.6947/page-903

Here is 1913 - those 'boxes' are stairs going to underground public lavatories!

View attachment 106073
Wow...I didn't know Toronto had these underground restrooms that far back! I wonder what their fate was? Were they completely removed/filled in, or does some remnant of them remain underground waiting for some future urban archeologist to uncover?

Last edited:
Looking like a million bucks.

Slightly lower left of centre...

Marty1.jpg

Great to see night lighting...

Marty2.jpg

Marty3.jpg

Marty4.jpg

Some smaller office space towards south side.

Marty5.jpg

Open concept - north side.

Marty6.jpg

Attachments

• Marty1.jpg
    Marty1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 602
  • Marty2.jpg
    Marty2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 574
  • Marty3.jpg
    Marty3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 532
  • Marty4.jpg
    Marty4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 543
  • Marty5.jpg
    Marty5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 548
  • Marty6.jpg
    Marty6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 555
Christ - even when it is not a tenant, the specter of Shoppers Drug Mart still haunts new downtown retail frontage, seemingly threatening to take this space too, and to cover all the windows with film of its stock people photos. So menacing.

SDM1.png
SDM2.png

Attachments

• SDM1.png
    SDM1.png
    287 KB · Views: 542
  • SDM2.png
    SDM2.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 487
Christ - even when it is not a tenant, the specter of Shoppers Drug Mart still haunts new downtown retail frontage, seemingly threatening to take this space too, and to cover all the windows with film of its stock people photos. So menacing.

The Shoppers at that location may not be there much longer - plans are afoot for that corner of the intersection.

The Shoppers at that location may not be there much longer - plans are afoot for that corner of the intersection.

Yep that corner has been assembled. All but the gas station from what I hear.

Coming off of the richmond-adeliade ramps will feel very different in a few years with Home and that block. Hope the gas station goes too - it makes the initial stretch of Richmond feel really suburban.

Back