News   Apr 16, 2024
 104     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

Paywalls are brutal for anyone interested in reading more than a small handful of publications.
It has become the norm these days and based on the places I obtain info from as well read, I would be looking at a bill over $2,000 a yearly to get behind the wall. If you get the Star paper, you still have to pay to read the full website as well. I scrap the paper.

How does one claim the

Digital News Subscription Tax Credit?​

From link.

Which news subscriptions qualify?​

The tax credit is only available for subscriptions with a qualified Canadian journalism organization (QCJO). A list of organizations that offer eligible qualifying subscriptions will be posted on Canada.ca.

Newspapers like The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, National Post, will surely qualify. Niche content subscription sites like The Logic may also qualify.
I keep looking but can't find out where and how much.

I only have a paper subscription, and my login works everywhere on the Toronto Star website. 100% access.
I would get notifications from time to time even when I had the paper that I need to to pay the web fees for things I wanted to read even log in. I scrap the paper as I rarely read it and then only for a few areas.

I only have a paper subscription, and my login works everywhere on the Toronto Star website. 100% access.
All paper subscriptions include the digital access. If you don't, you may require help from their subscription department on how. Usually, needs an e-mail address attached to your paper subscription.

The extra LRV that Bombardier has built for iOn is reportedly en route. Will be received shortly.
I am told that the portable ramp that was used to unload the original LRV order can't be used at Northfield any more, so the LRV will be unloaded elsewhere onto the CN Elmira line and moved by trackmobile to the shops. Stay tuned.

- Paul

In theory, but trying to figure out what you can claim is difficult. Where's the promised list of eligible publications?

We are way off topic here ... do we have a tax thread somewhere?

Last edited:
The extra LRV that Bombardier has built for iOn is reportedly en route. Will be received shortly.
I am told that the portable ramp that was used to unload the original LRV order can't be used at Northfield any more, so the LRV will be unloaded elsewhere onto the CN Elmira line and moved by trackmobile to the shops. Stay tuned.

- Paul

I seem to recall that one of them (maybe the first) was dropped off at a plywood place just north of Northfield and they unloaded it there. Perhaps they'll do the same thing for this one.

I seem to recall that one of them (maybe the first) was dropped off at a plywood place just north of Northfield and they unloaded it there. Perhaps they'll do the same thing for this one.

CN/GEXR dropped it off just past northfield (I think you are right about the place) but they unloaded them on the Southbound track in front of the OSMF (which they can't do now without disrupting service). So my guess is they unload it on the spur north of northfield, and in a gap between LRVs move it to the OSMF.

Snip-it_1614784074642.jpg

Last edited:

Back